NYS Thruway Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_M

Premium Subscriber
All, Can some one with DSD decode 460.3125 in the Buffalo aera, it sound like P25 Phase II.

mciupa

Database Admin
Even those with the new Uniden scanners 436/536 can do so and listen in. Mode will display as PT0 or PT1

If you are using an older scanner that does not have newer front end filters you may be hearing Buffalo PD from 460.325 on your scanner.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Hamburg Town is also licensed on that frequency and with a NXDN emission designator. I'd assume that is more likely than Thruway unless you have a reason to believe it is Thruway?

Last edited:

Dan_M

Premium Subscriber
My unit is a BCD 996, the signal is very strong at my location. Hamburg is low power on this frequency. Can someone with P25 phase ll monitor this to see what type of digital data.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Is it continuous or intermittent?
Plus, I think P25 phase 2 only exists in trunking (at least currently) - you can't have a single phase 2 channel.
(A phase 2 trunking system still uses a regular phase 1 FDMA control channel).

BTFire21

That frequency is one of the low power UHF link frequencies for the Town of Hamburg PD's voting system for their main channel on 460.3375.

Dan where abouts are you located ? They are using beam antennas so you might be in the path of the signal. I cannot hear anything at my location in the village of Hamburg

Dan_M

Premium Subscriber
I live on the south east side of Buffalo on the West Seneca border. This frequency is not very busy, however I have two scanner setup one to Monitor all digital. When the frequency is active it is all digital and shifts. Last time it was active was at 4:16 pm today and is more active.

Dan_M

Premium Subscriber
After monitoring Hamburg PD on 460.3375 all night. I found that 460.3125 had no activity. So anyone have any ideas, it seems no one so far thinks is the New York State Thruway Authority.

Last edited:

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
My bet is it is Hamburg PD. They show 4 channels with NXDN designators. The system nearby me has 3 channels on a Kenwood trunked NXDN system. I am guessing they are doing the same there. I would not be concerned about the power levels, as many run much more power than licenced due to the restriction with Canada.

BTFire21

They are not doing any type of NXDN trunking. Their main dispatch channels has a voting system on it and that is what the low power link frequencies are for. 460.3125 is located at the Lake Shore Fire Company on the corner of Rogers Rd and Rt 5 in Hamburg. There is no way that Dan_M at his location can hear the signal and I cannot. I am alot closer and almost have line of sight from the top of my tower to that location. I have had one of my P25 scanners on it for the last 2 days and have not had any hits. I am thinking it is Buffalo PD.

BTFire21

I switched antennas on one of my scanners that is hooked to DSD and it will not decode the signal. It is definitely bleed over from one of the Buffalo PD channels because I had another radio parked on 460.325 Buffalo PD and whenever they transmitted the noise bleed over was audible on 460.3125

Saint

Premium Subscriber
dsd+

I switched antennas on one of my scanners that is hooked to DSD and it will not decode the signal. It is definitely bleed over from one of the Buffalo PD channels because I had another radio parked on 460.325 Buffalo PD and whenever they transmitted the noise bleed over was audible on 460.3125

Same on this side I was doing the same thing with DSD+
Steve

samcmu7

After monitoring Hamburg PD on 460.3375 all night. I found that 460.3125 had no activity. So anyone have any ideas, it seems no one so far thinks is the New York State Thruway Authority.

460.3125 is associated with the NYS Thruway as Westfield & Batavia maintenance operations. It is usually busy during snow events as the snowplow drivers use it mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.