• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

6350 Trbo - General Question - RX, GPS, IP Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose_Rogers

Programming a 6350, for 100% receive only on all conventional channels with combination of Analog and Digital only.
In the software, it states: Rx only, "Configures the channel to receive only with out any transmission capability. All transmit features for the channel will be also disabled, except GPS Revert. This a channel wide feature".
(e.g. Emergency Rvert Channel) or TX Designated channel (e.g. the scan Tx designated channel)

When programming in "Rx Only" , because it will be used for as a scanner radio only. I do NOT want this radio to transmit, nor GPS, nor IP site control to produce any signal to cause any public service agency such as EMS,Fire, Rescue, etc... and any interference whether by accident or on purpose. What is GPS Revert ? I don't understand. Are they any thing else I need to check in the programming just to make sure this DOES NOT HAPPEN....Thanks in advance.....

Jose_Rogers

Hello group, sorry to bother you all again. I have been trying to program the 6350 and NO luck on digital. The analog channels are a piece of cake...... When I enter the frequency for digital list (right click --> add digital). My channel pool I only want all is the receive channels only. Tx side is basically the default to 000.00000. Has anyone ever posted a TXT file from start to finish only for the basic programming so others can have a model to go by. I apologize if its on here, I never realize I was going to have so many hurdles to go through just for a simple RX only radio ( basically a scanner).

Are they something I need to do for digital receive only.
Color code = ? Here i have no idea of what the correct color code is.
Slot = 1 or 2 ???
Radio ID...???
Radio IP network.... Do i need to enter a network in here since it is for receive only.
Radio Disable Decode = uncheck
Remote Monitor Decode = uncheck
Emergency Remote Monitor Decode = uncheck
Quick Call II --> Call Alert Encode = uncheck
--> Sel Cal Encode = uncheck
Primary ID Hex = 001...????
PTT ID Type = Pre and Post
Group ID =001
Quick Call II --> Sys 1 --> Call Type = none
Digital Emergency --> Sys1 --> Alarm Type = Disable
Contacts --> Digital --> Call1 -->Call ID = 1
Rx Groups List --> Digital --> List1 (available - members) call1 members
Would like to thank you all in advance.

N4KVE

Before you do anything, you have to find out the color code, & time slot for the freq you want to listen to. The radio ID is needed to access a TRBO system. It would be your ID #. Good luck.

thassler

Also, if you are making a "Receive Only" channel you will need to create a 'RX Group List' and assign it to the "Group List" of the RX side of your channel.

VE3RADIO

You need to know the following things.. they can be found using a tapped scanner and dmrdecode program..

1. Color Code
2. Group ID
3. Time Slot (Although less important as you could just make two channels 1 of each)
4. Frequency

You then need to do the following:

1. Make a digital group call contact (Group id)
2. Attach that contact to a digital group rx list
3. Make a digital frequency
4. set your color code
5. Set timeslot (or make two channels with one on slot 1 and one on slot 2)
6. Select your rx group list under the frequency portion of the channel
7. if your going to tx (your not) then you would select your contact on the tx side
8. make sure your set to rx only
9. Make a scan list
10. make sure scan list is selected on channel

Now that I have told you have to do it.. I would suggest that if you need to ask you probably are not qualified to do this and may end up in trouble.. the fact that your admitting to having the Motorola software yet no idea how to use it suggests your probably not authorized. Secondly to get the information you need to program the radio correctly you would need to have a tapped scanner and if you have a tapped scanner you can simply just use DSD to listen in anyways... unless your looking for portable operation..

I would suggest finding someone local who knows what they are doing.

Jose_Rogers

In this area, the radio information is kept so "hush-hush". I am the original owner of the Moto software. I had no ideal that when the analog went to digital, it would contain so much more needed information. These radios are a lot different from your standard Kenwood radio. Thank you for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.