CSP Fairfield County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanner-geek

Looking for some help.

I can't seem to receive any CSP while in Fairfield County in the vicinity of the Merritt Parkway. I get no hits off the Site 1, from any talkgroup, including Troop G. I can get occasional Troop G talkgroup activity off site 2 or 3 when closer to them, but Fairfield County, and site 1, seems to have become a dead zone for me. Not getting anything on the 700 system either. All other sites and talkgroups throughout the state seem to work fine. I've locked onto site 1 in search mode while in Fairfield and it's radio silence, although the scanner seems to be finding the control channel so I don't think it's out of range. I know coverage in this area has always been poor, but this seems like a change to me. I've triple checked my settings and frequencies but I'm at a loss. I'm assuming it has something to do with the 700 buildout in Fairfield, but I'm out of ideas. Am I missing something? If it is a signal strength issue, must work poorly for the troopers. Anyone else experiencing this?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Scannergeek

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Not sure which tower I have on but I hear group g fine in west haven. Matter of fact was listening to them all weekend

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I can hear troops a,I,f,g,h, just off site 2 in my town of Wolcott and when I go to Hartford I will get troop h on site 9 but not site 2.

So I would try site 2 for g and see if you get them

cg

Premium Subscriber
The Merritt is a long road so it makes it difficult to say what tower is closest to where you are having issues. In general though, cell towers will kill reception, look for one nearby. Verify your programming and be sure you don't have anything locked out or QK/SQK's shut off.
The base RS/GRE scanners like the PRO-197 suffer terribly from intermod so using the attenuator helps.

chris

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
I go up the parkway weekly and exit in Wallingford. I lose all sites between the parkway and downtown Wallingford. This is with a PSR800 and an HP1 with the 800Mhz RS antenna.

Scanner-geek

I appreciate the responses. I think next time I'll go up 95 and see if I get any hits locked on the Bridgeport tower. Seems like its a coverage issue but it really makes me wonder how coverage is for the troopers.

Can any of you confirm hits on Site 1 in Fairfield County?

I'm using a 996t and spectrum force antenna.

Thanks.

cg

Premium Subscriber
You need to check your programming first. You might lose reception in small areas but the vast majority of the area has decent coverage.

chris

jdanon

There's a tower in Greenwich along the Merritt between exits 29 and 31 on the south side of the highway next to Putnam Lake. It carries Troop G and sometimes A and I.

Status
Not open for further replies.