UniTrunker: Monitor 2 Sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

screamin72

Heya folks. Wondering how to monitor 2 sites in a consolidated system. Read the description of features but doesn't specifically say the trick. It appears UniTrunker can't because it monitors only 1 control channel. Where I am there are 7 sites. I like Site 1 and 2. EDACS Provoice. The others are on some Motorola Systems and are not very interesting to me ie water department, bus drivers.

I want it to monitor both Sites 1 and 2. They are consolidated. Right now it is decoding Site 1. I am using 2 Nooelec RTL 2832U R820T USB dongles. The Nano is on signal and Mini is on Voice. I am using only Unitrunker.

For those that wondering about RTL dongles on UniTrunker. I ham having a great experience. BE prepared to do some adjusting especially if you have the nano from Nooelec. It has a drift problem when it warms up. USE Auto Gain in the receiver window. The mini doesn't have this problem. Once the nano is adjusted right it'll hold there. I recommend the nano for control and mini for voice. let it sit for a few minutes in order to check if it holds and the Site window pops up asking for frequencies. It'll automatically input the control frequency. You have to do the rest unless you download from radio reference the info using UniTrunker. Best not to have both RTL dongles in stacked usb ports. Drifting gets worse. Based on my experience.

Back to my question.
Is it possible to have UniTrunker monitor two sites at once?

Thanks

Last edited:

bbrasmussen

Sure it can monitor multiple sites with no problems. I do that here on our PS system all the time. It just requires more than one receiver for the different control channels. Just set up a second signal receiver just as you did the first, and tune it to the other site's control channel. UniTrunker will pop up another site window for the second site alongside the window for the first site.

S

screamin72

OKay Thanks. I'll have to get a hub I am out of usb outlets.

This makes me make a guess that the radios in police cars have the same deal going on. From examining the way the voter works guessing by watching the Site window it cascades going up in frequency rotating from low end of the band plan to the upper end of the band plan. Thats not always the case. I'm meaning the direction it cascades in. I noticed 2 or more group id's cascading together then back up to the bottom of the band plan.

For now I will have to just change the control frequency to go to Site 2. I did notice by watching the receive window with no signal the Park line will scan both control frequencies for that one Site

Thanks for your help bbrasmussen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.