radio shack repair center

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerface27

Does anybody know if the radio shack repair center has been closed. I went in to send in my pro-95 for some work, and they told me ,there is no longer a repair center. I have sent it in before with no problem to be fixed

shadcall

I think it is a matter of finding someone who knows what they are doing. Here is some information posted by n5ims in a previous thread which may be helpful.

Best results for your repair would be to have the manager at a company owned store handle your request for you. They should know how to bring up the correct screen and fill in the necessary information for you. Franchise stores may or may not be able to assist you (often they don't know how to bring up the correct screen and possibly may not have it on their systems). Store employees also aren't necessarily trained on how to bring up the required screen, how to fill it in, or know the procedure to handle a non-warranty repair (they should know to get the manager, but at times don't).

Generally the process is to enter the necessary information on the repair screen, pay a small fee (a deposit that generally goes to the repair cost if you opt to actually repair the item), and ship the item off to the repair facility. That facility will evaluate the item and provide the cost of repair (they generally do board level repairs, not component level repairs so the cost is for a replacement board, not the cost of the failed component). If you OK the repair cost they repair the item and ship it back to the store where you pick up and pay for the repaired item. If you don't OK the repair, your deposit goes to shipping and diagnosis costs.

SCPD

QRT
HI SCANNERFACE27: Here is a place in Texas I have sent my 106 to get fixed. I would call them 1st.

National Repair Depot 1801 S. Beach St, Fort Worth TX 76105 (817-415-5142 )

scannerface27

Thanks guys ,I will call that place first and yes I understand about the right screen and person at radio shack. I have sent in twice before that's why I was curious when they said it was no longer around..

Status
Not open for further replies.