Can I make this Raspberry Pi Project work for RR feeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotsofradios

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I found this page talking about rebroadcasting streaming audio on your FM radio to listen to anywhere in your home. Military Comms use Raspberry Pi to Broadcast Internet Streams to your FM Radio I had a raspberry sitting here so I tried it, it worked out very well.

On the website it shows how to rebroadcast his live feeds and LiveATC.net feeds. I tired a few others that I know of and it worked on them as well. The only thing I can't seem to figure out is what web address would you use if you wanted to listen to a feed on RR?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Yes you can use a Raspberry PI to work as a feed source.
I experimented with this my self last month and had one of my feeds up for a few days. However i was not happy with the audio quality. I had a friend help me with the Pi part as he knew how to set it up and make changes but neither of us could get the audio set quite right. So for now i have abandoned it and might pursue it again down the road.

DC31

Feed Provider
I found this page talking about rebroadcasting streaming audio on your FM radio to listen to anywhere in your home. Military Comms use Raspberry Pi to Broadcast Internet Streams to your FM Radio I had a raspberry sitting here so I tried it, it worked out very well.

On the website it shows how to rebroadcast his live feeds and LiveATC.net feeds. I tired a few others that I know of and it worked on them as well. The only thing I can't seem to figure out is what web address would you use if you wanted to listen to a feed on RR?

go to RR to the Live Audio page for the feed you want. In the player drop down choose either Itunes or Winamp and click play. then copy the the info in the address bar which will be a .m3u file.

Status
Not open for further replies.