Lawrence, KS - Remodeled emergency dispatch center, new radio system showcased

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
Is that system live yet? I have 852.2625 as an active control channel but nothing is popping up.

CryptoBoy

The system is live, but in a limited way. There are currently only 2 traffic channels available, with 5 more to be gradually migrated as the old SmartNet system is abandoned and subscribers are moved over to the P25 simulcast system. You will hear occasional talk tests from the various agencies that will eventually be using the system.

MadSpleen85

I'm hearing the transition is scheduled to take place late this month.

I spoke to three different people about it; one said at midnight on April 30th, another said at noon April 28th, and the third said sometime in the last week of the month.

CryptoBoy

Yes, your CC info is correct. I forget the freqs of the two active TCs, but I know the channels IDs are FF and 1C1. The rest of the TCs (per the FCC license) are still active on the old analog SmartNet system.

I heard a lot more traffic a month ago than I have recently. It seems like there was a lot of range testing and radio familiarization going on back then. I don't have my logs handy, but the TGs were in the 47xx range and the unit IDs were in the ballpark of 65xxx.

Status
Not open for further replies.