Pro 106 Linear board

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcltdnut

Premium Subscriber
I purchased a non working Pro 106 from a well known auction site. I was hoping for the classic BNC resolder to bring it back to life... upon further inspection. The 30 pin connector on the RF board has been
damaged with several pads lifted / separated from the board. with this being surface mount / multi layer boards.. repair is mostly impossible. Does anyone know if RS will repair this 106 out of warr ? Or is this a situation that will require a repair from a reputable repair shop ? If I can locate a RF board... I am confident I can replace it myself. ( 5 years SMT repair operator at Motorola Cellular taught me well )

Thank you
dave

SCPD

QRT
wcltdnut : Contact this company & see if they can help.

G&G COMMUNICATIONS
Gerry Oliver - Owner
7825 Black Street Rd., LeRoy, N.Y. 14482
Phone: 585-768-8151

dkf435

Have another 106 from an auction site, front logic board is fine but the RF board is butchered around the on switch/ squelch volume knob and BNC jack and shielding but the area with the interconnect header and shield around it is fine.

David Kb7uns

SCPD

QRT
dkf435 Sir: You state that you have a 106 that is not in perfect condition, are you willing to sell it ?
I am looking for one for parts.

wcltdnut

Premium Subscriber
At this point in time. I will hold on to the scanner. I was able to lay down wire circuits that appear to be working nicely... that brought back all my SMT repair tech days from when I worked at Motorola Cellular Infrastructure.

Status
Not open for further replies.