Where are the 436's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE4W

Premium Subscriber
Is Uniden still shipping them out? It seems like everyone is out of stock and the few that are being sold on that auction site are price-gouged.

Wally46

Feed Provider
Mine is right here in it's soft leather case lol

Attachments

• IMG_20140414_194957_184.jpg
    IMG_20140414_194957_184.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 3,325

kellykeeton

I had to wait to get one the first round - just preorder and wait or pay the tax for the people hoarding them. I was in the same boat as you back in feb.

Eng74

I wondered that, too. HRO is empty of them. Could be maybe they're sold out and are waiti for the next batch? They're quite popular.

I know they had got 30 of them at HRO in Burbank and they sold out in 3 days. I got mine at the one in Anaheim, the last one they had three weeks ago. Just keep checking the webiste everyday they will get more in and act fast when you see it in.

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
Dad just got one through amazon, last week. I don't know what kind of upcharge there was on it, though.

Jeff.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The poster is ill-informed. Demand outstripped supply. More coming by the end of the month.

kellykeeton

This poster claims he has knowledge that Uniden has stopped production on the 436 because of a design flaw.

http://forums.radioreference.com/ne...orum/288902-hi-guys-bcd436hp.html#post2171422

and it looks like he is either a) confused b) not english speaking c) all of the above

most of his posts are about GRE units and keeps talking about SIM cards. yeall' know how I heard that they are bad scanners.. now.. yeall dont want dem - you want deez scanners I got in supply ya-hear'

garys

Premium Subscriber
The poster is ill-informed. Demand outstripped supply. More coming by the end of the month.

I can see why. I've been very impressed with my 436 in the 3 weeks I've had it. I might even move up my plan to buy a matching 536 for my truck. It took a bit to get used to the "same thing but different" memory structure, but the scanner is a very nice follow on to the XT series.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Compared to my 396T, i'm impressed with my 436. Just use location, set 5 miles, shut off services I don't want to hear, done. Enjoy what comes out. My 396T is still a good scanner, but the 436 took out a bunch of steps to enjoy listening. Sure there will be bugs with anything new. It will get fixed. Kudos to uniden on this scanner.

Sandy

Phil has Lots of the Scanners IN STOCK

I just contacted Phil at Monitor Long Island He has been posting on their facebook page that he has LOTS of BOTH the BCD436HP and BCD536HP scanners in stock. The website is monitorlongisland.com and you can fill out the form or call them directly to place the order. There is no online shopping cart on the website.

larry308

I bought a soft leather case for my PRO-106 from Radio Shack web sight for $9.95 plus shipping and it fits my 436. Definite save of money.

NE4W

Premium Subscriber
I don't think Universal's website has ever indicated in-stock or out-of-stock, either one.

kd7eir

I order from them a lot and have never seen them not indicate if something is out of stock

Sent from my fertile imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.