I Have a New Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5ims

I just thought that you swapped out the old antennas for those stubby 800 MHz ones. With the new one, you should get good reception on the VHF-Hi and UHF bands as well!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Ah man, it just hit me. I should have suggested using some heat shrink tubing to simulate rubber duckie antennas. But then I guess with the way Upman's luck has been running lately, he might have ended up setting a fire in his office. That would be a heck of a thing for a fire chief guy to be a party to :p:lol:.

On the serious side, here's the story behind this:

This was made to thank Upman for all he does for us. I've dealt with product managers lots of times in my 30 years as a fire chief. Upman has stood head and shoulders above all of them by helping us day, night, weekends and holidays. He's spent his own time making videos which give us (or at least me) so much information.

So I thought I'd receiprocate a little.

Plus having something like that on his desk would be a great reminder to him right after he reads some of the nasty-grams that get posted of something: There are folks out there who really appreciate what he's done for our hobby and hopefully reduce the raw edge of negativity.

I'm happy you like it and remember you are appreciated for what you do!

AC2OY

Wow that's amazing he does excellent work! Paul does he does this commercially or just for friends I would love to have my call sign done like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.