Pro197 TalkGroup ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtcowboy82

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to program our trunking frequencies in the Radio Shack Pro 197 scanner. Our 24 trunking frequencies are set on EDACS Standard on 4 towers (2 towers with 8 freq and 2 towers with 4 freq) and have 8 Talkgroup ID's. I am planning on listing each tower on the scanner separately.

1) Can all 8 Talkgroup ID's be added to each tower at one time or do I have to put the 1 tower listing in 8 times for each Talkgroup?

2) Do I need to program the trunking frequencies first before the VHF/UHF frequencies?

Any help or information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

puzzleriddle

can ya give a link to the system you are trying to program?
also go top right in CP & fill your state & county so others can give more helpful info

jfhtm350

1) If you want to separate each tower to a separate scanlist then you will have to create 8 trunking systems each with all the talkgroups you want to monitor. Each trunking system will have to have its own control channels programmed in wether they are the same or different.
example:
Trunking System 1's name: Control channels that belong to it: All 8 talkgroups: Scanlist 1.
Trunking System 2's name: Control channels that belong to it: All 8 talkgroups: Scanlist 2.
Trunking System 3's name: Control channels that belong to it: All 8 talkgroups: Scanlist 3.
Trunking System 4's name: Control channels that belong to it: All 8 talkgroups: Scanlist 4.
Etc.....

2) If your talking about the CC's and VC's then all you need is the control channels programmed in and not the voice channel freqs. You can program in the VC's but they are not needed. They can be in any order.

To be any more specific about things you will have to tell us what system you are trying to monitor.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
First post says its EDACS STD, in that case usually need freqys in LCN order, not "ANY" order.....

emtcowboy82

Premium Subscriber
Finally got the scanner program and it has been working great until today. The scanner screen is nothing but small black boxes, I am unable to tell what channel the scanner is on or if the scanner is scanning at all. I have tried changing the contrast, but does not help whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.