Monitoring via Android and Iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

daves1243

Premium Subscriber
I've owned scanners for many years, but when rebanding came to our town, and our Pro-92's no longer worked for the local police, we started to rely on a local RR/Broadcastify feed (many thanks). Unfortunately, that feed seems to be dead, so I went out last weekend and invested in a Uniden HomePatrol-1. It's taken some getting used to, but I finally have it working reasonably satisfactorily. However, we've been spoiled and miss the convenience of listening on our android and iphone devices.

I would like to find a way to monitor my scanner remotely on android and iphone. Whether anyone else listens makes no difference to me, but that's not the goal. I have looked at the possibility of signing up to offer a RR/Broadcastify feed, but the rules seem to prohibit some of the traffic that I would want to monitor.

Suggestions on how to go about doing this?

Thanks in advance

oracavon

Over in the software forum, there are a couple of people who have created apps for monitoring various Uniden radios on Android platforms. One uses Google Chrome on PC and MAC, but may very well also work with Google Chrome on Android. The other is an Android app that works with multiple Uniden radios. The only thing is that none of them talk about the HP-1, so those apps may not work with your radio. I'd suggesting asking your question in the Uniden Software Forum.

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...7-android-remote-display-app.html#post2156712

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...monitor-app-both-mac-windows.html#post2174302

daves1243

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. It looks to me like these apps just display text information. To clarify, I'm mainly interested in the audio, though having the channel info would be a bonus.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
I would suggest downloading the radiofeed program from proscan.org You then can run a server from your pc and then listen on your phone via the browser. I have done it with my pc and iPhone. I have not tried android on it but I believe it should work as it is a m3u playlist.

There is a setup page in the wiki here for it as well. I am using radio feed to send the stream I have on here as well and it works great.

www.proscan.org

Wiki Page

If you have a scanner that RadioFeed knows, you can add the channel tags into the stream, just not sure if it will display in the phone as I did not try that part but it does work on a remote pc using WinAmp...

Status
Not open for further replies.