Gilmore Heating Plumbing Great Barrington MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranchboy

Premium Subscriber
Still looking for what frequency they use. Can't find any information about them. Does any local ppl in South County know?

Thanks

ranchboy

Premium Subscriber
I see antennas on all of their vehicles, plus the have a huge antenna mast on top of their headquarters!

ranchboy

Premium Subscriber
Not sure, but it's probably 20ft tall and is a pretty thick white antenna. They are right off of main st in Great Barrington ma.

Thank for your help:)

I'll try and get a picture soon!

ranchboy

Premium Subscriber
Lol oops! About I feet tall silvereish antennas.like this:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 182

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
then it is probably in the VHF band...but also they could be using cell and just left the radios in the trucks...it's a pain to take an antenna off a tower, and remove the tower. Lots of them left standing, but no longer in use all over. That's how I got my tower...took the antenna off and tossed it, took the tower down and hauled it home. FREE, for my labor!

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
If they are using the radios most likely a expired license....OR could be on a VHF Repeater service where they dont need a license...OR what was said above....stuff left in trucks using smellular....

ecps92

1st place I looked, have FCC info back to the 90's - Nothing.

Yup, they could be renting from a local LTR

If they are using the radios most likely a expired license....OR could be on a VHF Repeater service where they dont need a license...OR what was said above....stuff left in trucks using smellular....

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Ranchboy have you tired searching the 151.xxx area during there hours of operations ? i know a lot of companies landed in that neighborhood back in the day or maybe on another thought.....did they buy out a company and retain the fleet ? and not get the license changed over ?

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Hmmm...try 152.98250000. License to a commercial radio service in the area with lots of tower locations! Currently the yellow pages show Gilmore on Gas House Rd...could finding nothing with that address!!! But if it was a commercial repeater service, I wouldn't think the office would need a lower and large antenna...sounds more like a simplex operation. If radios are used at all!!!!

ranchboy

Premium Subscriber
Great! I'll give that a try. That's where they are located gas house lane, right off of main st.

Thank you:)

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
152.9825/D311 is used by Berkshire County Fire. (Licensed to Pittsfield Communications)

Isn't that antenna on the other building (the one just south of the Gilmore Building) up there on Gas House LN? The only licensee within 0.2 KM of that area is Kimball Fuels (151.580 D311)

John B Hull Fuels, which is just east of there, uses low band, but their transmitter is located up near the Water Tank on private property off of Pleasant View Drive.

ranchboy

Premium Subscriber
152.9825/D311 is used by Berkshire County Fire. (Licensed to Pittsfield Communications)

Isn't that antenna on the other building (the one just south of the Gilmore Building) up there on Gas House LN? The only licensee within 0.2 KM of that area is Kimball Fuels (151.580 D311)

John B Hull Fuels, which is just east of there, uses low band, but their transmitter is located up near the Water Tank on private property off of Pleasant View Drive.

I know the antenna just due south of John B Hull is right behind Cumberland
Farms on the building that the Gilomores own!

Also I thought the antenna for John B Hull is actually on his own residence! Which is on Pleasant View Drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.