Rookie here

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcoleman74

Hello all. Looking for a little help. I live in Riverside, and there is some really strange stuff going on with the police in this area for some time now. What scanner should I buy that I can p/u police, fire. EMS, WPAFB police? I'm not sure what system Riverside is on, so I'm not sure what to buy, I have about $500 to spend, and want something good, portable, and I can keep for a few years do to change in radio systems being used now. Any advice will be great.

Thank you
bcoleman74

Firefox89

Premium Subscriber
Not from that area, but the new Uniden BC346HP is the newest handheld scanner that is capable of scanning most of Ohio... and you are in luck, it is exactly $500

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I have a slight correction to the response above. The newest Uniden is a BC436HP. The 346XT will not track P25 system, such as the new statewide MARCS-IP system.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Riverside can easily be heard on the Montgomery County system which is still analog.
WPAFB is an analog UHF system using digital voice (P-16).

As above, I would recommend one of the new Unidens as MontCo is in negotiations to possibly join the MARCS-IP system
which is a true digital system (P-25).

Last edited:

bcoleman74

Will one of these new scanners still p/u the analog radio transmissions? What is a good analog unit that can be purchased to p/u Montgomery County until they do the switch to MARCS-IP system?

Status
Not open for further replies.