Texas Tech Wind Research Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Hmm...I was in that truck last year. I know there is a CB radio and a VHF high band radio, but no idea of the frequency. Does TT hold a license for a VHF frequency. If I get with them this year, will make a note of freq...

twobytwo

Thanks for the quick reply. That does narrow it down to VHF hi Did they have any GMRS radios? The licenses listed for Tech is not any for wind research.44.48 is for the mesonet .

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
They tended to use the CB when on the open highway! I only recal a time or two they used the VHF radio...but it was all mobile to mobile, so not like they are operating on a repeater with wide area coverage...

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
You're probably better off monitoring the Lubbock Storm Chasing group's Skywarn repeaters. The Clinton Thethford will probably be on and off of both that and the 462.700 repeater if the weather does get bad.

Anyway, that reminds me to offer them access to the 444.100 repeater on campus. Eventually I'll get around to linking it into the VHF repeater but I just haven't had time. I have to go work on that old Micor before I can even think about getting back to a VHF repeater.

Tech has tons of licenses that are still active. VHF/UHF/800 and maybe even a 900 MHz license or two.

I know at one point I was asked to call 8 different departments to find out if they were still using their existing licenses or upgrading to piggy back on the trunking system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.