Tampa Courthouse Bailiff Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 thoughts to present here. First, following the coverage of the Schenecker trial, it often showed that the bailiffs (Hillsborough County SO) had what looked like P7100 radios. Which brings up the question, what T/Gs do they use on the EDACS system. Now, RR has 2 conventional UHF freqs listed as Courthouse security. Are the bailiffs considered the "security", if that is so, then the P7100s must be UHF not 800. Any intel on this would be helpful, hope its not too confusing.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I am not aware of any talkgroups on the TRS used at the courthouse aside from the prisoner transport vans, which is running Provoice unfortunately.

What I do know is that the Falkenburg and Orient Road jails use P7100's on UHF because the 800 TRS doesn't have very good in-building coverage. I would imagine they use UHF at the courthouse for the same reason.

EDIT: I'll be downtown this week so I might see if I can hear anything on the frequencies in the database and see if it's HCSO or security. Last time I was there they did have a private security company but they only worked at the entrance checkpoint, the rest of the courthouse was patrolled by law enforcement.

Last edited:
I am not aware of any talkgroups on the TRS used at the courthouse aside from the prisoner transport vans, which is running Provoice unfortunately.

What I do know is that the Falkenburg and Orient Road jails use P1700's on UHF because the 800 TRS doesn't have very good in-building coverage. I would imagine they use UHF at the courthouse for the same reason.

EDIT: I'll be downtown this week so I might see if I can hear anything on the frequencies in the database and see if it's HCSO or security. Last time I was there they did have a private security company but they only worked at the entrance checkpoint, the rest of the courthouse was patrolled by law enforcement.

P1700 or P7100? LOL and it doesnt surprise me that they have poor in building coverage. Maybe the new P25 system will have more sites, but thats another topic for another forum.

Also, I have seen some people (employees of somesort) with Motos working outside and around the courthouse, picking up trash and whatnot. However that could be City of Tampa.

CanesFan95

The ones with bright yellow shirts (or sometimes blue) and safari hats picking trash are city of Tampa. There is a private security company with armed guards in khaki uniforms who work with sheriff deputies in 2 courthouse buildings and in the tall county center building. The deputies and the khakis seem to share the same portable radios and I don't believe they're on the county EDACS system.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2354; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

He probably posted something, then deleted it for whatever reason. We can't actually remove a post, we have to type in "disregard" or "double" or something to that effect.

CanesFan95

Bumping an old thread here.

I work downtown and brought the scanner to work to search around. The court bailiffs are on:

856.2625 PL 156.7 conventional

It sounds like a repeater. I heard them talking about court room numbers today. The bailiffs are HCSO deputies with P7100 portables. I suspect they use the P7100s for EDACS and conventional combined in one radio.

The security company is called G4S and some of them also carry P7100s. I've monitored the 2 UHF frequencies listed as Courthouse Security on the RR database, but they're dead. Never heard a peep on either one. I only see P7100s and none of 'em are carrying around a second radio for UHF. I've submitted this to the database and also asked them to delete the 2 UHF frequencies.

What is considered "security", is a combination of the bailiffs/deputies and G4S.

One of the jail frequencies is DMR on 460.1250, CC1, TG 3, Slot 1 (I've already submitted this). I can't figure out which jail it is.

CanesFan95

Also, I have seen some people (employees of somesort) with Motos working outside and around the courthouse, picking up trash and whatnot. However that could be City of Tampa.

Correction to my earlier post. They work for a nonprofit called Tampa Downtown Partnership. They have a clean team who usually wear ballcaps, and guides who wear the safari hats. I posted their frequencies in this thread (and submitted them to RR).

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver

SCPD

QRT
I have found in many places court houses if they do not use a main county repeater or system for daily operations allot of times they'll be using a input channel in conventional set to high power. May wanna do a conventional sweep and scan freqs from the trs or any registered in that agencies name from the fcc db.

CanesFan95

Nice work. See if they're on 857.1375 as well. If not, they might use that one over at the Plant City courthouse.

ULS License - Public Safety/Spec Emerg, 806-821/851-866 MHz, Conv. License - WQRG242 - Hillsborough Co. Sheriff's Office - Frequencies Summary

Funny you should mention 857.1375. I had the scanner stop on that one for a CWID but didn't hear any activity. It has the same FCC callsign as 856.2625. I will try monitoring it next week if I have time. There are also deputies and G4S guys with P7100s that do security in the County Center building and I'm trying to find them also.

Last edited by a moderator:

CanesFan95

Confirmed as what? Another bailiff frequency? Downtown, or Plant city? Or is that frequency the County Center security that I'm looking for? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.