Edacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdnapa

I am wondering if anyone has programmed edacs scanner my local fire and police are edacs and might be digital any help would be great

rc1990

I am wondering if anyone has programmed edacs scanner my local fire and police are edacs and might be digital any help would be great

I programmed the Sudbury Public Safety EDACS system on my two Uniden scanners : Univen BC246T (analog trunktracker) and BCD396T (digital trunktracker). I can monitor Greater Sudbury Fire Services on the EDACS system with my two scanners. However, for police, I can. They use digital modulation : ProVoice, that cannot be monitored my any scanner on the market today. The only was you can monitor Greater Sudbury Police Service is to buy a EDACS ProVoice radio and have it programmed. There's a few suggestions of EDACS ProVoice radios to monitor GSPS. Just go to the Ontario Forums Home Page and do a search : Sudbury Police. A few thread will pop-up and just read there.

Also, I heard/read that the EDACS is on its last life cycle to It will need to be replaced soon. Don't know what kind would be the new system.

Hope this help.

mciupa

Database Admin
Don't worry too much about the OP. They joined the site, posted the question and have not signed in since.

Back to lurking in the shadows I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.