Discriminator Tap/Output for scanner..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings all...

I know someone who is interested in placing a discriminator tap on a radio that I have (BC250) and not necessarily using. I guess they are interested in using it for that DSD program to listen to a local business who switched to a MotoTRBO system. I have never done soldering before and was wondering if anyone knows of a place in SE WI area or Madison area that places a tap/output on a scanner.

I found a place in the Netherlands, but I don't want to go though all the hassle (Even for family).

Tim

SB-Wi

Premium Subscriber
I've had repairs done at Q5 Communications on the second floor of the Pinecone in DeForest. Also, any radio or electronics repair shop should be able to do it if they have instructions.

KD9KSO

Or you could just buy an Alinco DJ-X11 and have the IQ and discriminator output already built in.

Tim

Feed Provider
Thank you for the replies. Unfortunately, Q5 pretty much said no we can't do that. He stated maybe try Grove Electronics (Of Monitoring Times fame) in NC, but of course they have closed.

Tim

shadcall

You might want to try this company. The home page is http://www.gcomradio.com
Here is the info about them including phone number. The home page doesn't say if they do this type of modification, but it might be worth a phone call. You can cut and paste the web site above if the link doesn't work.
G&G COMMUNICATIONS
Gerry Oliver - Owner
7825 Black Street Rd., LeRoy, N.Y. 14482
Phone: 585-768-8151

Tim

Feed Provider
Thanks 'Shadcall'

I called them and they were able to set me up with a used 760xlt with a Discriminiator tapped installed for around $100. It should come in this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.