BCD436HP Possibly stolen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOf674

Not sure this is the right forum, but please be on the lookout for a BCD436HP with a stubby 800Mhz BNC antenna and velcro on the back. It is missing the the belt clip attachment. Went missing from my vehicle at home last tuesday...Can't seem to find it in the house...old age...don't think anyone would come back our driveway to nab stuff, but who knows in this day and age...

Thanks in advance...

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
The serial should be in paper work and if I remember correctly on the box. One has to enter it at Uniden for updates. If not it would be on you invoice. File a police report if you think it was stolen. Give the reporting Officer the serial number and/or information about the velcro tape. The serial number would be entered into a stole property database. That would be your best chance at getting it back and some sorta justice if you left your unsecure vehicle.

JamesPrine

KCoax is quite right. A physical description of an item is basically worthless, unless it has some extremely unique and readily identifiable characteristics. "They stole my red bicycle" doesn't give an Officer much to go on. "They stole my Murray Catalina 26-inch red boy's bicycle with ape-hanger custom handlebars and green neon Lightning tires, Frame number NTD6758474" is MUCH better and is useful.

LOf674

Maybe I should have been clearer...

I'm asking the radio public if they happen to see a posting, please forward it my way...as to the characteristics...there haven't been too many units sold with a stubby antenna. And if you know one that comes across please take note.

Do I seriously think, I will get it back, no....

I was hoping that some of those who purchase privately, might, might, just might think twice if they come upon a unit that someone is selling that doesn't have a power cord, no regular stock antenna, no belt clip and has adhesive stains from Velcro on the back of the device....

But again, I do thank you for your time and lectures...

bear780ks

Well the only thing with what your Describing the person may or may not know what he or she's got but if they do they could switch the Antenna and sold it to a Relative or possibly a Pawn shop and that is were I be looking first is the Pawn Shops..

That is unless they keep it for themselves.. To keep on doing what was possibly done to you Steeling and if they do steel with a Scanner in there possession from what i remember it's a Felony..

Nasby

Keep an eye on your local Craigslist ads too. It may show up there.

JamesPrine

Lectures?

I'm asking the radio public if they happen to see a posting, please forward it my way...as to the characteristics...there haven't been too many units sold with a stubby antenna. And if you know one that comes across please take note.

Do I seriously think, I will get it back, no....

I was hoping that some of those who purchase privately, might, might, just might think twice if they come upon a unit that someone is selling that doesn't have a power cord, no regular stock antenna, no belt clip and has adhesive stains from Velcro on the back of the device....

But again, I do thank you for your time and lectures...

Quite right...so sorry and stupid of me to 'lecture' you about including genuinely usable information for possibly recovering your radio. The fact that someone could easily swap out the antenna, remove the Velcro patch and its residue (Goo-b-Gone), add a generic USB cord and belt clip in ten minutes or less, never entered my mind. Guess all those years as a police investigator were wasted...

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
"They stole my Murray Catalina 26-inch red boy's bicycle with ape-hanger custom handlebars and green neon Lightning tires

This bike sounds like it would have a yellow basket off the front of it and one of those big honker horns ...and maybe some green streamers off the handle grips.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Not sure this is the right forum, but please be on the lookout for a BCD436HP with a stubby 800Mhz BNC antenna and velcro on the back. It is missing the the belt clip attachment. Went missing from my vehicle at home last tuesday...Can't seem to find it in the house...old age...don't think anyone would come back our driveway to nab stuff, but who knows in this day and age...

Thanks in advance...

Why does your thread title say, "possibly stolen"?

lol..no one else caught that?

Steve2003

If you have a second SD card that has been used in the scanner I believe your serial number is somewhere in the data. I saw mine when I had my card in an external reader earlier today, can't remember if I was using Sentinel or ARC though when I saw it. With any luck it fell between your seat cushions or off the side of your bed!

bear780ks

Well pinball speaking of this of old fart in my 44 years of goober's prudence :D:roll::lol: I've seem to of lost a few things my self :( but not to were i thought is was stolen, well maybe.. when i was a Kid and me and my new Coat my mom just bought me came up missing)

But I kind of understand what he's going through and maybe it's a case of a relative just playing a bad trick on em.. hopefully not..

Hopefully he gets it back and very soon because I know I would be sick over it if I came unattached to something as nice as one of these new scanners..

jdobbs2001

Does it look similar to this radio?

BCD436HP.jpg

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Jeez, that's the Worst. I had some mope steal my old Regency Handheld right off my dashboard at a gas station as my window was rolled down most the way. I went in to pay, got in, drove away and 10 minutes later realized I wasn't hearing Scanner calls. No Scanner. I didn't go back to the station even though they may have had Closed Circuit cameras even back then, might have been able to get a plate number or person on camera doing it. It didn't matter since it was a very old 800mhz scanner. I got a RS Pro92 right after that. I've practiced locked door/Windows up, Scanner under a covering ever since. Especially now when crooks are looking for short cuts to help them with their crimes, a brand new modern Scanner like the Unidens is a big target. Hope you find it/them.

Firefox89

Premium Subscriber
If you do find it, maybe you labeled it using the sentinel ssoftware when it powers up. I put in my name and address so if you did find it in the pawn shop that may be one way to identify it as yours. Hope it comes up... I would be livid if my $500 scanner was stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.