HP-1: Home Patrol 1 Mobile Mounting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GumbyCT

I was able to get GPS working for my HP-1 using a Garmin 18x PC GPS Navigator Unit and a Uniden BWZG1844001 Gps Adapter Cable. So now my question is has anyone found a way to secure (mount) the HomePatrol so that it stop sliding around?

Thoughts and ideas are welcome...
TIA

JamesO

You can even get a windshield suction cup mount similar to s GPS mount for the HP1 if this is something you are looking for.

I also found a weighted bean bag kind of mount at Radio Shack I was considering, may go back and look a bit closer at is may have some use.

himelrick

I use a adjustable windshield mount from Radio Shack , it works great. The only thing extra I did was put a small piece of Velcro between the mount and scanner as a precaution .

GumbyCT

I use a adjustable windshield mount from Radio Shack , it works great. The only thing extra I did was put a small piece of Velcro between the mount and scanner as a precaution .
I was not able to determine which RS mount worked for you.

But another question is did either of you (using a windshield mount) have trouble running the additional wires up to the windshield?

phask

Premium Subscriber
I use the Uniden bracket and a Ram mount base on it - a short Ram arm and base - console side mount. Similar to that other pose - no photos.

The Undien snap in bracket is the best I've seen and if you can use a Ra, it will never move.

GumbyCT

sorry for the late reply. here is the model that I use. Radio Shack Model: 2000625 | Catalog #: 20-625
Looks good.
It says Gigaware® Arm Bracket GPS Mount with Vent Mount - have you tried to use it as a vent mount? And does it work?
TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.