Sheboygan County MABAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
This morning there was apparently a barn fire in Sheboygan County, a fact announce with about a dozen individual dispatches on IFERN (154.265). They put the tones out and announce the box and then do it again. 5 minutes later they do it another 2 or 3 times and so on.

I am hearing it via a UHF patch here in northern Illinois.

I can see perhaps a second dispatch, but why are they transmitting the alarm over and over and over again?

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
More than likely their procedures in that dispatch center tell them to do it. When I installed IFERN base stations in counties getting them for the first time, there was so much confusion over the proper use of the IFERN channels.

It was literally to a point where if you asked 10 counties how IFERN works, you got 10 different answers.

But I am sure hundreds of pages of documents and dozens of hours of training classes will clear it all up.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
There is an overabundance of traffic on IFERN on the frozen tundra. Some divisions do it right, most don't. Between us listening to you guys and you guys listening to us, we long since proved the case for IFERN2 but nobody is adopting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.