alot of encrypted lincoln site

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am watching the lincoln CC and see a lot of encrypted traffic.

TG:

RID:

this is the most i've seen of encrypted traffic since i started logging on the 23rd or so

bear780ks

In the area I live, City and sheriff are using it Quite a bit and in one of the local towns, KHP on our county talk group uses it but there in the clear on there own Talk Groups as for Fire and EMS it's in the clear..

P.D and S.O are even using encryption during there Training here but it's nice that Fire and Ems you can still hear the Training

What's mostly frustrating is when your trying to listen when severe weather is in the area and there Inking the Traffic.. that's when you need to know the most were one's are the county officers.. as they help in weather spotting..

33kracing

maybe some sort or road check?? even at 4am? Lincoln apparently doesn't sleep even tho its 4am from what I have noticed haha. I know last weekend out here in grand island the nsp units were on encrypted talkgroup for quite awhile... I think it ended up being the extra patrols due to graduation weekend.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
I thought I posted this already.

It was troopers probably talking to each other while they were en route to troop B.

On the 28 and 29 troopers for Troop A, C and H went to Troop B to do a MEP or MAP selective. They were using two Troop B Secure talk groups. I logged 3012 and 3013 using encrypted traffic. I did hear a trooper as for a secure talk group for everyone. I didn't hear which secure talk group the dispatcher assigned.

3012 is in the database as Troop B LE 1. 3012 can't be Troop B LE 1 cause all LE 1s are not secure talk groups.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
The DB is currently a mix of old talkgroups before they changed them about a year ago. They reused some talkgroup numbers, but now have a different name. This is the case with 3012. LE 1 is the old name for this talkgroup.

N0ZQR

Premium Subscriber
In B troop they are starting to encrypt a lot of records checks. "Go to secure 4,5,6 etc.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Troop B started doing that to match what Lincoln and Omaha are doing. Cause Lincoln is dispatching for troop B now and Omaha will take over dispatching by the end of the summer.

The Norfolk dispatch center was closed about 2 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.