BC780XLT: Scanner Not Receiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0TDL

Premium Subscriber
Bought another 780 xlt today , Power's up just fine . I have an antenna to it and trying just to listen to 162.400 for NWS Radio it will not pickup a signal . Same antenna different 780xlt picks up just fine . Any suggestions ?

JamesO

Open up the case and check the antenna connection and solder joint if you don't see a problem there Uniden has a fixed price repair for $50 on a lot of their products

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

owen445

Feed Provider
VHF-HI issue

BC780XLT suddenly has much better Low VHF Band sensitivity than VHF Hi band. Any idea what component may have failed to cause this issue? It is intermittent, but more often than not it will not receive weather or anything above 151 MHZ. This is a mobile radio mounted inside my SUV, no recent changes to the unit.
It also receives UHF just fine. Any thoughts?

KD4UXQ

For owen445
An antenna or feedline issue. How does it perform with an antenna connected directly to the back of it? If not antenna or feedline, I don't have a schematic or service manual for reference, but a good guess is that the RF input band filter for VHF has a loose or failing component. Assuming that all other bands work and a suitable antenna and good feed line are connected for receiving VHF. Try to isolate the antenna and feedline first.

Status
Not open for further replies.