UniTrunker - Follow Rotating Control Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

compywiz

Hi,

I'm using two RTL2832Us in signal/voice configuration to monitor a local EDACS96 station. About every week they rotate the control channel to another LCN, and things stop working. Does UniTrunker have the capability to "scan" the LCNs checked off as "Control" channels when the signal dies, or another similar method? If so, what is the proper way to configure UniTrunker to do so?

Thanks!

mikegrb

I have exactly this problem! I've tried setting lock mode on the signal receiver to both 'dedicated' and 'site'. I know dedicated didn't fix the problem. I don't think 'site' worked either but can't be sure since the voice receiver quit working and I had to reboot the system anyway at about the same time.

N0ZJT

Database Admin
Place a checkmark next to the "Chase" option and it will search for another control channel, provided you have the correct frequency listed under that site. At least that's how I understand how it works and have my two dongles following a system with no drops as it changes control channels. You should also have it set to Site Locked or Dedicated as mikegrb mentioned.

compywiz

egrams,

Thanks, I've selected all the LCNs as control channels and enabled the Chase function on the signal receiver.

Do you know the difference between "site lock" and "dedicated", and the proper one to use? I selected "site lock" for now, but won't be able to tell if it worked until they change channels again.

compywiz

I found an easy way to test the configuration -- simply unplug the antenna. If the frequency starts cycling, it's working.

Enabling Chase and setting Lock Mode to "Dedicated" did the trick. Site lock did not.

Verified to work by unplugging antenna on known control channel, viewing the signal frequency cycling, plugging antenna back in and it locks in on the proper control channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.