Trumbull RDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX7500X2

Just FYI Last Wednesday the Trumbull Regional Dispatch shut down and all operations were moved to SW C-med

So the 3 Trumbull fire departments (That's the Regional) are now dispatched by SW C-med as is Trumbull EMS

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
C-Med is dispatching non medical fire calls? Has Trumbull abandoned 33.56 or are they being dispatched on that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fdscan

CMED has dispatched non-medical fire calls for a while, at least in the NH area. CMED NH dispatches Bethany FD/EMS, as well as all of Derby's fire companies and EMS companies.

KB1JHU

The 3 Trumbull fire departments are still on the same frequencies. And the Southwester Regional Communications Center (aka Southwest CMED) has had New Canaan FD and the 3 Monroe FD's for some time.

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
Ah, ok. I was thinking that they were dispatching fire on the UHF med frequencies. That is why I was so surprised. This makes more sense.

I wonder how CMED dispatch communicates with the PD. There are advantages to each dept. Knowing what the other is up to which they don't have when the two dispatchers aren't sitting next to each other.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
RDC covered the three fire departments in Trumbull (Trumbull Center, Nichols, Long Hill) Trumbull EMS, Easton Fire and I believe East EMS as well (that may have been SW-CMED already not sure) The fire departments were all on 33.56 with each of the Trumbull Departments utilizing their own cross band repeaters and / or base transceivers to the low band (TCFD has a VHF repeater linked to the VHF low-band, not sure hose Long Hill or Nichols used their assigned UHF frequencies if they still do). Easton Fire was only 33.56 as far as I know and Trumbull EMS and East EMS were on VHF-high.

As for C-MED to PD, its call direct private phone lines between each other for communication plus I think PD has the FD / EMS frequencies in their dispatch centers, which I would have to confirm.

SW-CMED does dispatch some EMS units Like Monroe EMS over MED 2 as a broadcast / simulcast(might be for the regional medics too).

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
CMED has dispatched non-medical fire calls for a while, at least in the NH area. CMED NH dispatches Bethany FD/EMS, as well as all of Derby's fire companies and EMS companies.

And just to add to the post,northwest dispatches towns like beacon falls oxford,prospect fire departments on their own respective frequencies

APX7500X2

RDC covered the three fire departments in Trumbull (Trumbull Center, Nichols, Long Hill) Trumbull EMS, Easton Fire and I believe East EMS as well

SW-CMED does dispatch some EMS units Like Monroe EMS over MED 2 as a broadcast / simulcast(might be for the regional medics too).

RDC only did the 3 Trumbull departments and EMS, Ems left a year ago. Easton FD & EMS is dispatched by Easton PD

SW C-med does primary dispatch for New Canaan FD & EMS, Monroe FD & EMS, Wilton EMS, Darien EMS and Trumbull FD & EMS.

If Trumbull FD could ever get together they have a UHF Repeater pair that has been licensed for 15 years with no use and now the Trumbull center VHF its operating reverse and in the wrong location per their license but its a start I guess.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
RDC only did the 3 Trumbull departments and EMS, Ems left a year ago. Easton FD & EMS is dispatched by Easton PD

SW C-med does primary dispatch for New Canaan FD & EMS, Monroe FD & EMS, Wilton EMS, Darien EMS and Trumbull FD & EMS.

If Trumbull FD could ever get together they have a UHF Repeater pair that has been licensed for 15 years with no use and now the Trumbull center VHF its operating reverse and in the wrong location per their license but its a start I guess.

Any idea what caused the RDC to shut down completely?

Manny

KB1JHU

Running RDC cost way too much money and their call volume for just the FD's wasn't enough to justify that cost after they lost EMS to Southwest.

JohnO44

Does anyone know where the SWCMED LICENSES are listed?
Specifically , I understand the trumbull FD is being dispatched from bpt hospital but no station ID is ever given verbally or digitally.
Also, recently noticed FD and EMS tones and emergency dispatches are simulcast on 33.56, 33.76, and 155.805 by the same dispatcher.

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
That's a good point. In the past they did it verbally during the dispatch. KIB646 to KIB645...

Technically, they still need to ID.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
SW C-med is using a T1 to Trumbull pd and transmitting on the same place that RDC did, they would modify the license to just give C-med address as a control point and have 180 days to do so.

So pushing buttons to see if you can get people riled up won't work on that one.

As for the station ID that is up to the license holder, In this case the Trumbull fire departments so I would call the FCC and float the question about the license holder

It would be Multicast not simulcast and many advanced departments do this to get the message out to many services at 1 time to speed public safety.

KB1JHU

SW CMED is only contracted to provide dispatching services. The licence holder is responsible for updating their licenses so that falls on the fire districts to update the pile of licenses they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.