Moncton RCMP involved shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Horrible situation in Moncton tonight. For those unfamiliar, 3 officers have been fatally shot and 2 more are wounded. The shooter has been photographed wandering around as close as 10 feet away from various photographers.

At the risk of sounding ghoulish, is there a feed that covers Moncton?

Fredericton's officers sound very professional and calm. I would like to think I would be that collected in such a situation.

king_pounds

I tried to find a feed for it. Seems they might be encrypted now so I guess we can't listen in.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I hope the whole area shuts down like Boston did last year, and the Mounties are able to flush this loser out and end him with no more innocent life lost.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
The Westmorland County RCMP feed was just recently shut down. At the peak there were over 18,000 listeners. Good judgement as the man hunt was heating up and helicopter Mike Papa Hotel was in the air. It came after a news conference asking for all social media discussion to cease.

Jay911

Feed Provider
It was nearing 20k if not over at its peak. I too agree it was a good call, especially with the potential that this oxygen thief potentially using it and social media to elude capture.

VE6BRW

Excellent choice to shut down the media feed, ya never know if the physco is listening. seams to be almost like its open house to shoot at and kill RCMP.... this isn't the first time. Its gotta stop. far as I'm concerned if they're shooting at them then its clear to be able to shoot back with deadly force.

VE2ZPS

Premium Subscriber
The RCMP kept on requesting the assistance of the population by not providing any specifics of the operation on the various social medias.
It was reported on National TV that over 20,000 people were listening to a scanner feed; we don't need this kind of "bad publicity".

This feed should have been shutted down from the very beginning of the operation.

Extremely poor judgment and definite lack of respect from the Feeder and the Broadcastify organization !!!

krokus

Premium Subscriber
... we don't need this kind of "bad publicity".

This feed should have been shutted down from the very beginning of the operation.

Extremely poor judgment and definite lack of respect from the Feeder and the Broadcastify organization !!!

Someone with that capability needs to know the events are under way, before it can be yanked. If the feed provider is not available, due to whatever reason, no one else might even be aware.

The admins are in different geographical areas, and might not be aware of what is happening outside of their respective areas.

Sent via Tapatalk

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
It's with all this online streaming that brings encryption. I for one look forward to encryption when it comes to idiots streaming serious incidents like this.

VE2ZPS

Premium Subscriber
I understand your point and respect 100%
However an incident of this magnitude (it was breaking / front page news around the globe) This takes care of the different geographic locations of the Admin.
If the feed provider is away, this is level 1
When the number of listeners is climbing like crazy and reach level never seen before, (protection level 2 should kick-in) i.e. someone from RR or Broadcastify should be alerted (if away).

I hope we will not learn that he was listening to this feed ...

Sincerely,

Last edited:

JRichard

I can't help but think he wasn't listening to an online feed. If he was listening at all, he likely had his own portable radio. All the comms that were in the clear are analog conventional, he wouldn't need anything fancy. Unfortunately, the limitations of the systems here in New Brunswick showed during this. Too much information being shared using one clear dispatch channel. Tactical channels are simplex only. It would have been ideal if they could have bumped operations to a secure repeated Tactical frequency, but it just isn't available. Interoperability is only a word around here. This was a unique experience for me and my fellow New Brunswickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.