Radio Feed 2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki6nkz

How do I get the channel names to show on my feed using Radiofeed 2.8?

ki6nkz

I guess I should have been clearer of what I am looking for. Does anyone have or can they post a sample of the channel list that RadioFeed uses to supply the channel names?

Thank you,
James

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I guess I should have been clearer of what I am looking for. Does anyone have or can they post a sample of the channel list that RadioFeed uses to supply the channel names?

Thank you,
James

The channel name text tags (and a lot more data to use for text tags) comes from the scanner via the RS-232 port. What kind of scanner are you using to supply the feed? RadioFeed Metadata tab is where the RS-232 setup is. A media player must support metadata. WinAmp supports metadata.

ki6nkz

I have a BCT8, it is connected to the rs232, the little lights in the radio feed program are blinking.
I have programmed all the channel names in the radio.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
James

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have a BCT8, it is connected to the rs232, the little lights in the radio feed program are blinking.
I have programmed all the channel names in the radio.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
James
Blinking lights indicate the scanner is talking to RadioFeed. Enter %C in the Custom Format box. You should see the channel name text tags in the Metadata box.

ki6nkz

I have the %C there it just shows the name of my feed, I'm using Scanner Radio Pro to listen and it shows tags from other scanners

James

ki6nkz

If I change to %F it shows the freq, but when I go back to %C it reeverts to the name of the scanner not the channel name.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It shows the name of my scanner

I see "154.7400" when it's locked on a frequency. It seems like you want the text tag to show and not the frequency. Do you have text tags programmed in the scanner?

The "Scanning Tehama SO & Corning PD" is from the "Text To Show During Scanning" box

ki6nkz

Yea that's what i get if i put &F i get the freq, But when I put in %C all I get is Scanning Tehama SO & Corning PD. I do have the text programmed in the scanner. Just looked again to make sure.

ki6nkz

Was just watching the meta data space, when the scanner stops on a channel it goes blank, when the scanner resumes it again shows "Scanning Tehama SO & Corning PD"

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Was just watching the meta data space, when the scanner stops on a channel it goes blank, when the scanner resumes it again shows "Scanning Tehama SO & Corning PD"

Does the scanner display show the channel name? Try a %S and %G to see if that will show the channel name.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Yea that's what i get if i put &F i get the freq, But when I put in %C all I get is Scanning Tehama SO & Corning PD. I do have the text programmed in the scanner. Just looked again to make sure.

The BCT8 does not do alpha tags. All you will be able to display is the frequency and/or talk group.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.