Breaking Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

retroactiv

I've seen this thread on many different state boards, and thought it might be neat to have here in Indiana... If you hear something while "surfing" the airwaves, that you think someone else would be interested in post it. Also it will be interesting to know what's going on throughout the state.

Garymaxon1234

Training late at night?

This morning I’m hearing a bit of strangeness on the Anderson SAFE-T tower. On unidentified talkgroup 15440 (Digital). 3or 4 officers are following a car between Anderson and Elwood. The “bad” guy car keeps changing directions on SR28, waving at and flipping off the officers. The officers are changing cars. And don’t seem to be very unset they have been “made” by the “bad guys”. It must be some kind of training exercise.

GT

retroactiv

East of IN 63 New Goshen Rd -> Watson Pl...

This is what I know, Edgar County IL Sheriff was in a chase with a subject who ditched in Vigo County in the area from above.. The subject was shot....

This is what I don't know but think, that the officer was shot also, I'm about 50% on this because I turned my scanner on just after they dispatched it. And all of the frantic transmissions on Safe-T have been hard to follow. I will be posting more info as it becomes avalible.

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
Man made fire in the northeast has had IDEM working all morning and sounds like EPA is going to move in now. RR ties and tires and other stuff causing big stink. IDEM tg 38544(new).

Garymaxon1234

Multiple accidents along 1-65 in Johnson County. Several ambulances, New Whiteland FD, ISP Etc. “I-65 closed down until state highway salts it down” Problem area is around the 91 to 93 Mile markers. South end is the Taylorsville ramp in Bartholomew county. Activity is taking place on SAFE-T talk group 64912 (JMA-1) off the Henry Co. Tower. People turning around on interstate around 90 mile marker.

maddogdecker

Waterloo Fire in Dekalb County has a 10-70. Have called out multie stations around Dekalb County. Unsure what is going up or execatly were it is. Everything is on Dekalb Couty Fire.

jwheatley

Yesterday morning, there was a fully involved trailer fire in Kokomo. From what I could gather from the scanner transmissions, the trailer belonged to an elderly couple in wheelchairs. At the time the call came in, the couple was thought to have still been in the home. I am not sure if this was the case or not since I never heard them mention them while the FDs were on scene. Also, the couple had a few small O2 tanks in the home, a few of which had exploded while units were on scene.

To my surprise, there hasn't been an article published in the local newspaper as of yet.

GTO_04

jwheatley said:
Yesterday morning, there was a fully involved trailer fire in Kokomo. From what I could gather from the scanner transmissions, the trailer belonged to an elderly couple in wheelchairs. At the time the call came in, the couple was thought to have still been in the home. I am not sure if this was the case or not since I never heard them mention them while the FDs were on scene. Also, the couple had a few small O2 tanks in the home, a few of which had exploded while units were on scene.

To my surprise, there hasn't been an article published in the local newspaper as of yet.

A lot of times, the local media are clueless! You should hear the stuff on MECA that the Indy Star misses!

GTO_04

Garymaxon1234

Same in Delaware County. Sometimes they may report on an incident a week or 2 later and write the story like they covered it when it first happened.

garryd451

Pokagon, Michigan, half way between Niles and Dowa
Garymaxon1234 said:
Same in Delaware County. Sometimes they may report on an incident a week or 2 later and write the story like they covered it when it first happened.

I live in Michigan near the Indiana/Michigan Statline, about 12 miles North of the University of Notre Dame. Our main sources of news are the radio/tv/newspapers out of South Bend.

The media in South Bend keeps bragging about how they cover our area in Michigan so good!

That's a joke, I call in all big news stories to all of their News Tip Telephone lines, they only cover 40% of what I call in during the week and less than 20% of what I call in during the weekends!!

retroactiv

garryd451 said:
That's a joke, I call in all big news stories to all of their News Tip Telephone lines, they only cover 40% of what I call in during the week and less than 20% of what I call in during the weekends!!

Too bad you don't live around Terre Haute, becuase I could use a guy like you while I'm working at the station.

Breaking news out of Vigo County tonight a Train has hit a car near the intersection of Davis and Houseman, just East of the Terre Haute City Limits. Honey Creek Fire Department along with Riley Rescue is working on a very diffucult extrication. A landing zone has been setup for a Lifeline Helo that is currently orbiting the scene about a half of a mile east of the accident scene.

Moniter Vigo Fire, Ihearn, 84-Dispatch (digital), and ISP-32-DISP

drunyon

Silent Key
That train accident was a weird one. First off, according to the Sheriff's Dept. the victim suffered "minor injuries", yet they called LifeLine to the scene. Not to mention that Regional Hospital is probably less than 2 miles from the accident scene.

The only thing I can figure is the wreckage was on the east side of the tracks...making an ambulance trip to Regional a bit problematic.

retroactiv

They were talking about how the tracks were clear, which I would find to be weird, and they let I think it was Rescue 54 go across them. They talked about landing it at Regional but they decided to do it in a field, I think it was becuase there was an inbound Air-Evac Helo to Regional. Becuase I heard the Helo's talk to eachother on IHERN.

jwheatley

I have two incidents to "report" on today.

At around 13:30 this afternoon, Kokomo police were in pursuit of a vehicle who's driver was driving on a suspended license. The driver refused to stop and the pursuit was on. It was short live as the car crashed into a tree when it was going around a curve. The driver lost control, over corrected, and hit the tree. The car hit the tree pretty good. The scene was less than a block from my home so I went and checked it out. The driver was transported to the hospital non-code. Not sure what his status is now, I would say a bit banged up but okay and soon to be in the Howard County Jail.

At around 14:30 KPD, KFD, and a few medic units were called to an MVA involving a van and a school bus. The school bus was on its side. As far as I know, most of the injuries were only minor and everyone is okay. To my knowledge, KPD is still working the scene. ISP is on scene doing a bus inspection before it will be taken away.

ISP911

Overheard traffic on 16 DISP off the Plymouth tower (868.950) with the MCE unit. Just didn't get enough info to know what it was about. Thanks for the post.

jwheatley

jwheatley said:
I have two incidents to "report" on today.

At around 13:30 this afternoon, Kokomo police were in pursuit of a vehicle who's driver was driving on a suspended license. The driver refused to stop and the pursuit was on. It was short live as the car crashed into a tree when it was going around a curve. The driver lost control, over corrected, and hit the tree. The car hit the tree pretty good. The scene was less than a block from my home so I went and checked it out. The driver was transported to the hospital non-code. Not sure what his status is now, I would say a bit banged up but okay and soon to be in the Howard County Jail.

At around 14:30 KPD, KFD, and a few medic units were called to an MVA involving a van and a school bus. The school bus was on its side. As far as I know, most of the injuries were only minor and everyone is okay. To my knowledge, KPD is still working the scene. ISP is on scene doing a bus inspection before it will be taken away.
Here are links to the stories regarding these incidents from the Kokomo Tribune.

High-speed chase ends in crash

Minor injuries reported in school bus crash

dlbrock

Multi Structure Fire on North Side of Kokomo

There appears to be approximately four to six blocks blocked off. Kokomo fire department has been fighting the fire since noon and they predict it could go on into the night. No info on what is actually burning but it's pretty wide spread.

drunyon

Silent Key
Saturday - 2/25/06 - 10:45pm.

There is what is believed to be a large warehouse fire in downtown Terre Haute. Been going for about 3 hours and looks to have extended to an adjacent building. It's in the vicinity of 11th & Chestnut. Just east of the ISU campus. Lots of flames and smoke. A several square block area is blocked off and LOTS of apparatus in operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.