Burl Co TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrb6940

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know the correct TGID's for the PZB channels? I monitor P3 and Mt Holly police are using PZB-1 for high school graduation ceremonies. I checked the database and what I have programmed in to the HomePatrol are matching and I'm not getting any of PZB transmissions.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

jeff

Premium Subscriber
The database is outdated; there was a reprogramming of radios. Each zone no longer has it's own PZB TGs.
The PZBs are now county wide. PZB 1 is 16208, 2 is 16240, 3 is 16272, 4 is 16304. When I get a chance I'll submit the new (3 years old) layout.

Monoxide16

Why does the BurlCo system sound so horrible???? Why can't they use the old analog system as backup? Or the war channels? The county just said the portables are really bad.. Guess they can't fix this? I was listening to Delaware Co today and it sounded great. Why does everyone think digital is the best way to go? The new 700Mhz is the same way.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Burlington along with Ocean County suffers from DTV interference from out of state TV stations during Skip / Tropospheric Ducting events,the only solution is to switch to another band (700/800 MHz) personally I prefer digital over analog,I think it sounds better.

Monoxide16

Oh wow that stinks thank you for the info. I was actually in Seaside a few weeks ago and brought my scanner heard everything pretty good. I guess BurlCo can't use the war channels at all.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Why does the BurlCo system sound so horrible???? Why can't they use the old analog system as backup? Or the war channels? The county just said the portables are really bad.. Guess they can't fix this? I was listening to Delaware Co today and it sounded great. Why does everyone think digital is the best way to go? The new 700Mhz is the same way.

Its not the system that sounds bad. It is the poor radio operating practices of the users, mainly the dispatchers, and some of the headset equipment chosen for dispatchers that make it sound bad. Add too that the radio shop folks have obviously not read or implemented the audio enhancement documents/procedures for the Astro and Astro25 series radios and whatever consoles they are using. If you listening with a scanner that just adds to the problem. I've not experienced much DTV interference on the Burlco system, perhaps some of the more northern sites get this. The bad audio can be fixed. Will they do it knowing in 2-3 years they'll have all new equipment to learn, probably not.

Monoxide16

oh ok and thank you again for everyone's info on this. Cause this morning when I was listening the portables were horrible all came in broken up all morning and during the night. and that sucks about the DTV. I think the best radio system out their is Montgomery Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.