Virtual Radar Server Europe - Custom Server for Mode-S Receivers and VRS Feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Virtual Radar Server Europe (VRS-Europe) - Custom Server for Mode-S Receivers and VRS Rebroadcast Feeders.

All ADS-B aircraft will be shown on the Google Map.

Mode-S Aircraft (Military, Coast Guard, Law Enforcement/Fire helicopters, Fire Tankers,etc) will be listed on the list next to the map with any Call-Sign/Flight Number, Speed, Altitude, Squawk.

It's best to use the sorting feature on the text list side area.
Click on 'Altitude' to sort and find low flying aircraft on the top of the list to find helicopters flying in the area.

The 'Menu>Options' has some other options available.
Once you setup everything correctly. Your internet browser should remember the correct settings to use every time.

Any Friends, Family, Local Scanners Enthusiasts can view the Mode-S/ADS-B data from any Computer/Smartphone/Tablet.

Full screen Desktop version
Full screen Mobile version
http://www.vrs-europe.eu/

If anyone has their own Mode-S box and VRS software running.
VRS-Europe can make a server connection to 'pull' your data from your VRS Rebroadcast.
Get more areas covered in the United States. Contact info on the VRS-Europe.eu website.
Hint: Northern California, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, any other states :cool:
http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk

VRS San Diego (Southern California) Mode-S/ADS-B now available on vrs-europe.eu
It's being feed by the RadarCape Mode-S receiver box to the VRS-Europe server.
On the top right of the map, Click on "Menu">Receiver"> Pick VRS-San-Diego-California.
http://www.vrs-europe.eu/

VRS-Europe also has the ADSBhub feed available in the Receiver List. It has other coverage areas for United States & Canada.

Last edited:

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
VRS-San Gabriel-California - New Feed on VRS-Europe

Someone added another New Feed on VRS-Europe Today. :D

VRS-San Gabriel-California
(San Gabriel is a city in Los Angeles County, California, United States)

http://www.vrs-europe.eu

Nice Coverage.

LAPD Helicopter flying at 1100 ft
Los Angeles Sheriff helicopter flying at 700 ft.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Another New Feed on VRS-Europe website today.

Receiver: VRS-Buena-Park-California
On the top right of the map, Click on "Menu">Receiver"> Pick VRS-Buena-Park-California
http://www.vrs-europe.eu

Buena Park is a city in northwestern Orange County, California, about 12 miles (20 km) northwest of downtown Santa Ana, The city, which tags itself as Center of the Southland, is home to several tourist attractions, most notably Knott's Berry Farm. It is located within the Los Angeles metropolitan area.

Nice coverage, picking up 5 helicopters flying.
California Highway Patrol
County Of Los Angeles
Lapd Air Support Division
County Of Orange Sheriff Coroner Dept
City Of Anaheim

Another option was added on the Receiver List.
You can pick "All USA Feeds" to have the United States feeds merge together.

D

DaveNF2G

Same thing.

This addition of new servers bothers me. It dilutes the resource of people who can feed data for sharing worldwide. Why compete with PlanePlotter's network?

jazzbassNick

Feed Provider
I'm not sure how it "dilutes" the resources. All these places are getting the same data from the contributors. PlanePlotter's network is private, all these other sites are public. Personally, I don't download data from PP, just upload. I don't do MLats. Heck, even PP allows for passing data to other servers. I do share ACARS received via PP which none of these other sites receive.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Same thing.
This addition of new servers bothers me. It dilutes the resource of people who can feed data for sharing worldwide. Why compete with PlanePlotter's network?

Some aircraft is only equipped for Mode-S only. Some of those aircraft might also send the ADS-B data for tracking.
Yes, rtl dongle w/software can receive Mode-S/ADS-B on 1090MHz.

I disagree on your 'dilutes' the resource. Planeplotter is a software that can only run under windows. The other sites are web-based and more people can use the data for viewing.

Mode-S users(feeder) can still share with other sites/networks.
I'm sharing my mode-s data with the other sites/networks by uploading data to them.
(Planeplotter, FlightAware, FlightRadar24, Live-Mode-S, MilAirComms1090, VRS-Europe, to be used/view worldwide.

With VRS-Europe site, anyone can view your data on any device(computer/tablet/smartphone), and it's very easy to use.
Your friend can pull it up to see what fire helicopters or fire plane, police helicopter is flying very easily to read the tail reg, altitude,etc.

Last edited:

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Same thing.

Some aircraft is only equipped for Mode-S only. Some of those aircraft might also send the ADS-B data for tracking.
Yes, rtl dongle w/software can receive Mode-S/ADS-B on 1090MHz.

Thanks for the clarifications. I've used a dongle with VRS locally before and I wasn't sure if I was missing another type of data. Even though I'm not far from a medium sized (US) airport, almost everything I ever see is high altitude. I understand that ABS-B is not mandatory below 12,000 feet so maybe that is why.

D

DaveNF2G

It makes a difference only to the users of the Airnav RadarBox hardware, which is not capable of decoding, displaying or using all of the data that more recent devices (including SDR dongles) can see.

As for the other networks, I was not aware that the VRS users could (or would) also share with the PlanePlotter network. Also, I'm not sure where jazzbassNick gets the idea that the PP network is "private."

Multiple sharing resolves my concern. The more sharing, the better!

jazzbassNick

Feed Provider
It makes a difference only to the users of the Airnav RadarBox hardware, which is not capable of decoding, displaying or using all of the data that more recent devices (including SDR dongles) can see.

As for the other networks, I was not aware that the VRS users could (or would) also share with the PlanePlotter network. Also, I'm not sure where jazzbassNick gets the idea that the PP network is "private."

Multiple sharing resolves my concern. The more sharing, the better!

Had no idea the RadarBox had that kind of limitation. Good to know.

PP network is very much a private network. Ask Bev - it's come up before (recently I seem to recall a topic re: twitter). I think where it applies is if one is downloading data from other users and MLatting (for lack of better word) and then sharing it publicly. I think the rule is you can only publicly share data from your own receiver, not data received from other PP users.

D

DaveNF2G

Well, that much is true, and I would expect any other network to have the same rules in place.

You cannot, for example, share data from FlightAware to PlanePlotter.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Well, that much is true, and I would expect any other network to have the same rules in place.

You cannot, for example, share data from FlightAware to PlanePlotter.

Yes you can take the data from FlightAware 's FlightFeeder box and share it with other sites/network aka Planeplotter :)

Question: Can I share data from FlightFeeder with other sites?
Answer:Sure! FlightAware encourages the sharing of all available ADS-B data for maximum collaboration and sharing within the community.
http://flightaware.com/adsb/faq#sharing

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

Hmm. You might want to check to see whether Bev wants data from other networks sent over PP. It is a good way to cause data looping.

kma371

QRT
Hmm. interesting program.

Looked around but cant seem to figure out how to upload my data. I see my own but its not on the public side.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
From the website.

If you have a feed and would like it included, please drop us a line at info-at-vrs-europe.eu with your receiver type and location. We will get back to you with the arrangements on how to feed to us.

In the next VRS version, it will be much easier to share to the server.

P.S http://www.vrs-world.com domain now available for the same site :)

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
VRS-World.com - New Mode-S ADS-B Feed on East Coast covering Virginia to New Jersey

Noticed this new feed on the East Coast covering Virginia,Maryland,New Jersey,Delaware areas.

Under the Menu>Receiver>
You can select the " Skyroost " feed.

http://www.vrs-world.com

Thanks to whoever is providing that data feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.