NJU Tac 4 - 470.2375 (186.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
Earlier today (04:30ish) heard a dispatcher on here, no units. Maybe a simulcast? She was giving job numbers that sounded like Newark PD but I couldn't find her on any Newark PD channels. No other agencies in db, was using pl listed (186.2).

Last edited:

AlexC

Database Admin
Agencies in NNJ will often use the UTAC's as fallback if they have an infrastructure failure or if they are running an inter agency task force or other operation which requires departments interop with each other. You will also notice a lot of these in service between the 4th-6th this week due to the different fireworks displays. Jersey City is expecting ~150k people to watch the fireworks on the 4th from Liberty State Park.

It would not be unheard of people testing new equipment/patches in advance of the activities anticipated for the holiday weekend.

Also - keep in mind that I'm pretty sure the majority of these channels are wide band despite being in the narrow band sections. A lot of these channels are old paging channels that were re-purposed for state interop.

Alex

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
Agencies in NNJ will often use the UTAC's as fallback if they have an infrastructure failure or if they are running an inter agency task force or other operation which requires departments interop with each other. You will also notice a lot of these in service between the 4th-6th this week due to the different fireworks displays. Jersey City is expecting ~150k people to watch the fireworks on the 4th from Liberty State Park.

It would not be unheard of people testing new equipment/patches in advance of the activities anticipated for the holiday weekend.

Also - keep in mind that I'm pretty sure the majority of these channels are wide band despite being in the narrow band sections. A lot of these channels are old paging channels that were re-purposed for state interop.

Alex

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.