Up-to-date Freescan file for Henn.Cty for the BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

digirato

I'm planning to buy a Uniden BCD396XT plus a USB cable and use Freescan software to manage it.

I live in St. Louis Park and wonder if anyone would be willing to share a current Freescan file for the Hennepin County area. The newest file I could find by searching the forum was dated back in 2012. I'm thinking things may have changed a bit in the last two years and hope someone might be able help out.

Thanks much,
digirato

blue5011

Just set it to "ID Search" and save the file. Why put in TG's you may never hear?

Example, I know there is a nearby government repeater. Does it make sense to scan the freq, knowing full well I will probably never hear anything on it?

digirato

I'm not trying to acquire a RadioReference frequency file for Hennepin county. I wouldn't hesitate to pay for a subscription and download relevant files if that was my objective. It probably would have a lot of of TG's that I'd never hear so I'd need to exclude them one at a time. I probably will subscribe at some point to download updates.

I'm hoping to locate a Freescan compatible file that someone in this area has already customized to only include frequencies that are active and interesting. The BCD396XT seems to have a fairly steep learning curve and I was hoping to get a running start by uploading a file created by someone with a lot more know-how than I have at this point.

I guess I should have said please, doesn't look like anyone is inclined to offer a file like that. I'm new here so sorry if I'm making an unreasonable request.

Thanks for the reply though!
digirato

teufler

File for hennepin cty

HERE IS A FILE FOR hENNEPIN CTY AND THE SURROUNDING COUNTIES OF MINNEAPOLIS. IT IS A FREESCAN 2.17 FILE. IT IS ZIPPED PER RR REQUIREMENTS SO AN UNZIPPING UTILITY IS REQUIRED. WINZIP OR 7 ZIP ARE PROGRAMS THAT MOST ON RR USE.

Attachments

• HENNEPIN CTY MN.zip
    22.4 KB · Views: 93

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
There may be some other files posted in earlier mn forum threads if you look back a ways....

digirato

Thanks for the recommendation. I did some searches before my original post and the newest file I could find was at least two years old. Your helpful suggestion is appreciated.This forum is a valuable resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.