Trooper 2 & Trooper 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
It's been a while since I've asked a dumb question so why not?

When I'm listening to Kent or Sussex Counties and they have an incident requiring a helicopter I'll hear Trooper 2 or Trooper 4 is responding or on standby. Where and how are they dispatched? Is there a certain frequency or talk group used for them? How are they made aware of their calls and what frequency or talk group do they use to keep in touch with their dispatch when on the calls?

SCPD

QRT
In the DB there is a TG #1712, it use to be used for Aviation Dispatch, but on some recent trips, haven't heard a peep out of it, don't know what they use now.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
I rarely hear the troopers anymore except occasionally on the DSP Command channels.

Have not "heard" 1712 in some time, Thinking it went P25E. Most LE ops when Trooper is involved used to show up on the Mutual aid channels but even on these I more often than not am getting P25E these days.

Just my .02

SCPD

QRT
I do remember hearing Trooper 4 on ReCom for a call and hearing Trooper on on Kent Fire 1 for a MVA

nojoy

Well, I will try to give you the short answer here. If T2 or T4 are in the hanger, the dispatch will be by telephone from the center requesting them. While in the air, they monitor several channels including avcom (manned by KentCom) the county police dispatch, fire dispatch and ops, ATC, and whatever else they feel like. Avcom is usually the central tracking for them. That is they always tell avcom what they are doing, and often will tell the county police and fire disp as well. So needless to say, they are very busy on the radio when they are up. As for avcom going e, I do not know......

stevenmilford

dover police

hi all i got the uniden scanner that picks up delaware form radio shack milford for delaware but i can not pick dover pd all i hear form dover pd is like being under water i have the freq for dover it is in the scanner but not geting any out of it please let me no what this is the guy that sold me scanner put delaware freq dover to but does not come out

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Well, I will try to give you the short answer here. If T2 or T4 are in the hanger, the dispatch will be by telephone from the center requesting them. While in the air, they monitor several channels including avcom (manned by KentCom) the county police dispatch, fire dispatch and ops, ATC, and whatever else they feel like. Avcom is usually the central tracking for them. That is they always tell avcom what they are doing, and often will tell the county police and fire disp as well. So needless to say, they are very busy on the radio when they are up. As for avcom going e, I do not know......

TY everybody! I guess the best bet is to keep listening to 1712 & then any other random channel in hopes of hearing something before or during? Friends of mine live in NCC and are trying to get me to go down for the race in September so if I make the trip down I'll have to set the PSR-800 to record to see if I get lucky and catch something.
It's just weird to see it operate like this. But then again all of our helo dispatching & ops up here on still on UHF and High Band. Do the troopers in Maryland run the same way as in Delaware or do they have a different way of doing things there too? I don't think I've ever heard them be dispatched either, just when they patch over to the trunked systems. I guess that part is a question for the Maryland forums. TY for the answers!

n7lxi

Premium Subscriber
Sussex will alert Trooper 2 by telephone and via UHF pager, just like fire/medics. They operate on the working fireground TG and coordinate with AvComm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Yes. They have their own set of tones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!! Any idea what the tone values are for Trooper 2 or 4? I haven't been down that way in a while but even when I have I never heard them go out to be able to catch them. In this case "quiet" wasn't a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.