mancow

Database Admin
A few 780s for milair monitoring. :D

towerofuniden_zps04ee6061.jpg

room_zps8b2da535.jpg

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Premium Subscriber
Wow, that is a of Uniden's. Do you happen to own any stock in the company? LOL.

Seriously though, that is a very nice set-up.

:)

mancow

Database Admin
Just recently got them hooked up so I haven't had much time to see how it all works. I had quite a bit of RCAG stuff this morning when the band was up. It's kind of quite right now but should be hopping when they start doing more training again.

scottyhetzel

Nice mancow, the room lights must dim when you turn on your power supply. Clean simple set up. I could only imagine your multi coupler or antenna farm on the roof. What is your favorite antenna for 30-50 MHz ?

mancow

Database Admin
Nice mancow, the room lights must dim when you turn on your power supply. Clean simple set up. I could only imagine your multi coupler or antenna farm on the roof. What is your favorite antenna for 30-50 MHz ?

The multicoupler is just an Electroline cable tv drop amp with a 4 port splitter on each of the 4 outputs. As for 3-50, my favorite is the home made ground plane suspended from a tree out back. It's made of 4 8ft aluminum angle pieces for ground plane elements and a regular stainless center whip. A wire crimp eyelet crimped to the whip make for a hoop to attached the string it's suspended from. It works better than anything else I've used.

The antenna feeding the 780s is a TACO commercial brand 225-400 mil antenna with a preamp and filter right below it.

mancow

Database Admin
How are they programed, each one on a specific frequency, are they scanning, etc ?

I divided up the 225-390 range into chunks and programmed each with one of those chunks of spectrum. It allows a search of the entire range in just a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.