Kenwood TK-7180 for broadcasting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colton25

Would there be an issue with using the kenwood 7180 for broadcasting a live feed? Also would it be possible to set up the radio for alpha tagging?

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Great radio for a feed. On the 25 pin connector on the back of the radio, #7 is ground and #17 is line level receive audio. Perfect match for line in on a computer. DC coupled so a series capacitor is not a bad idea off of pin 17.

There are points on the radio that provide serial data as far as status of the radio. Third party manufacturers do use this data to query channel, scan, etc. You could use this to reference an alias table for alpha tagging however the protocol is not readily published. Could it be done? Yes. Easy? Not really, unless you can uncover some secret squirrel stuff.

Colton25

Do you know of anywhere I can find more detailed instructions on how to do this?

Great radio for a feed. On the 25 pin connector on the back of the radio, #7 is ground and #17 is line level receive audio. Perfect match for line in on a computer. DC coupled so a series capacitor is not a bad idea off of pin 17.

There are points on the radio that provide serial data as far as status of the radio. Third party manufacturers do use this data to query channel, scan, etc. You could use this to reference an alias table for alpha tagging however the protocol is not readily published. Could it be done? Yes. Easy? Not really, unless you can uncover some secret squirrel stuff.

Colton25

Why is it that when i plug the audio into the external speaker port i hear some kind of scratchy sound on my radio feed? I never had this sound with my bct15x

Status
Not open for further replies.