Charlotte Fire and Mecklenburg County Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF-Burns

Hey guys,

What system is truly being used for Mecklenburg County Fire and Charlotte Fire? I have no interest in listening to police. I see in Wiki that all fire in Mecklenburg County and Charlotte Fire are on P25 but when I program it into my 536 I hear nothing. I do have it programmed as a P25 Trunk System not a Motorola Trunk Systrm. On the Mecklenburg Type 2 Motorola System I seem to pick everything up from Mecklenburg County Fire and bits and pieces of Charlotte Fire.

Motoman55

yardbird

Well I can tell you that Charlotte/Mecklenburg Police and Mecklenburg Sherriff are operating off the Char/Meck P-25 System.

I was listening to them Friday of the old BCD396T along with the Highway Patrol.

County Fire, Charlotte Fire & Medic are being simulcast on both the P-25 & Analog 800 Mhz. Systems.

I have them programmed in my old Radio Shack Pro-97 scanner that I use daily at work.

Hope this helps

David

RF-Burns

Thanks for the reply. Let me ask you, when you programmed the 396T to the Char/Meck P25 System do you remember if you programmed it as P25 Trunk or Motorola? Maybe that's where my issue lies, I have it programmed as P25 Trunk.

Well I can tell you that Charlotte/Mecklenburg Police and Mecklenburg Sherriff are operating off the Char/Meck P-25 System.

I was listening to them Friday of the old BCD396T along with the Highway Patrol.

County Fire, Charlotte Fire & Medic are being simulcast on both the P-25 & Analog 800 Mhz. Systems.

I have them programmed in my old Radio Shack Pro-97 scanner that I use daily at work.

Hope this helps

David

yardbird

I have it programmed as P-25

Just like the new Viper P-25 System.

Now Mooresville it will need to be programmed as Motorola Custom.

Due to the fact Mooresville still has analog talkgroups on their system.

I haven't had any trouble so far

David

Last edited:

RF-Burns

Ok, thank you. Yes I have Mooresville working perfectly.

I have it programmed as P-25

Just like the new Viper P-25 System.

Now Mooresville it will need to be programmed as Motorola Custom.

Due to the fact Mooresville still has analog talkgroups on their system.

I haven't had any trouble so far

David

adams_jb

Feed Provider
Cabarrus County/Charlotte/Mecklenburg P25 system Question

I know this is Charlotte/Mecklenburg forum, but I have recently started a Cabarrus County scanner feed and as I understand it runs off of the Charlotte/Mecklenburg P25 system? I have a PRO-18 scanner programmed with the latest RR database and use the P25 system programming and majority of the time the reception is unreadable. I have GREAT signal as it has five bars on the signal meter. Anyone have any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong??

Thanks in advance!

Jason
:D

yardbird

Jason,

I have had the same trouble with the Cabarrus portion of the Char/Meck 800 system.

I can be listening to something just fine and then all of a sudden the control channel drops and the scanner starts displaying "Finding Control Channel".

It is frustrating trying to listen to a structure fire or other incident and the scanner drops out.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.