Blue Ridge Southern Railroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

DODGEIT

Does anyone yet know the frequencies of the new WATCO operation Blue Ridge Southern Railroad that is taking over the NS Tline, W Line, and the TR line that feed into Asheville NC? They are starting up in a few weeks taking over these lines which includes the Murphy Branch up to mile post 47.0. Any help would be appreciated. I so far have not seen it in the database.

DPD1

You can try the FCC database, but... that's usually not very helpful for railroads, because most of the companies just license all the channels. Sometimes all you can do is just search. If NS doesn't use the channel for anything else in the area, I would guess that they might just keep it the same. That would save having to change stuff in the field.

DODGEIT

I have checked the FCC Database and tried searching several different ways and did come across some information on Watco but none of it pertained to North Carolina. I have the AAR frequencies in my radio but I set my programming up by areas I travel to so that it scans faster by reducing the number of frequencies it has to scan. Thanks for the replies I will continue to search for the information.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
You can try the FCC database, but... that's usually not very helpful for railroads, because most of the companies just license all the channels.....

I have never heard of a Railroad getting a license for "all the channels" before. They have to go through frequency coordination for the amount of channels they wish to use, in the area/region they are going to use them, unless they are company-wide frequencies. And then there are only a handful.

Also, when most shortlines take over a class 1 property, they will typically use the channels that the class 1 was assigned in that area. Sometimes they will apply for more or different channels, sometimes they are able to skip coordinating new frequencies, and have the existing channels licensed to them. Of course, that would be dependent on weather they would interfere with the class 1's operation if they are still in the area, by using their existing channels for everyday use.

Last edited:

LakeMurray1

Premium Subscriber
Blue Ridge Southern

WATCO has filed for the following frequencies. 160.2150, 160.3350, 160.7700, 160.8000 and 161.0250.

DODGEIT

Thanks as I opened this posting up I got a call from my son who knows someone over there and they gave him the same list. I appreciate the posting of them.

DODGEIT

Lake Murray 1 where did you find the filing? I looked in The FCC Database and could not find it. Is there another source for this information? What you posted concurs with what my son told me but is it in fact the frequencies they were issued or it is still in the assignment stage by the AAR and the FCC?

ecps92

Status
Not open for further replies.