Connecticut Statewide Emergency Radio Network (CSERN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
Hello I was playing around with my BCD396T scanner and I had Avon Site in there and its been working great for months. I was trying to add John Tom HIll and now I have messed up the whole CSPERN on my scanner. So I erased it and was to start again. I use Arc-Butel and Freescan. I have tried putting in the system as P25 Motorola///Motorola Standard and custom Plans and still nothing. on the first option when i manually go to control channel I can see the lnk and p25 indicator flashing. I must have changed a setting or did something wrong. I have tried control channel only etc. one option says to fill in band plans and they are all blank. So if anyone has a similar Scanner and I know some of you do. Can you please help me out to getting it working again. I am sure its something simple. Thanks in Advance.

Alec

Dan6071

Premium Subscriber
bcd-396t

I have a bcd 396t scanner it does not work for me on the p25 digital for state police troop e for me at all I use my bcd 396xt scanner for that the best scanner I have to sat that works the best for digital is the pro- 197 scanner. I have many for sale

y10kiscoming

Premium Subscriber
I have CSP working on both a BCD396T and a BCD396XT. The T has firmware 3.02.02.

I used FreeSCAN to configure it.

Motorola Type II. Control Channel Only.

Band Plan:
851.0250 - 854.000 Step 25.0 Offset 440
851.0125 - 868.9875 Step 25.0 Offset 0.0

If you have everything the same and it is still not working, double check that nothing is locked out.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
my apologies all i meant CSERN the 700 mhz system. I always get the two names confused. My state Police works fine. Thanks

PhillyPhoto

If you're trying to listen to Avon, the control channel is 774.53125, not 774.43125 like it's listed in the DB. I submitted the info months ago and it still hasn't been changed. Picking up data on it with my 436, but it's not all that busy.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Philly now I show dat and control channel. so hopefully thats all it needs. somedays the buses drive me crazy.. thanks again.

cg

Premium Subscriber
And what is listed for Jon Tom Hill is really the Haddam Site.
The system type is P25 and should populate the band plan fine.
You can do a custom plan and enter it but the Uniden scanners allow the band plan to be overwritten by whatever the system says.

So P25 system with a CC of 774.53125 should make it happen.

chris

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
If you're trying to listen to Avon, the control channel is 774.53125, not 774.43125 like it's listed in the DB. I submitted the info months ago and it still hasn't been changed. Picking up data on it with my 436, but it's not all that busy.

I just made the correction in the database. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

73's

Ron

y10kiscoming

Premium Subscriber
My apologies for the confusion! Guess I wasn't paying enough attention. I should have remembered that people call the 700 system CSERN. Glad to hear you are making progress.

APX7500X2

And what is listed for Jon Tom Hill is really the Haddam Site.
chris

And it shows a 700 site in beacon falls. Closest thing is the 800 inteli repeater in Naugatuck or the New 800 Troop G site in Ansonia

cg

Premium Subscriber
I never located Site 20, I could monitor it down toward Middlebury/Danbury but it wasn't close.
They will likely install a couple more sites with the new bonding money but I would guess that there will be other priorities that come first (complete the APX upgrade, etc)

chris

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
6 months ago. Finny st at the school. Brand new tower and antennas

Thanks APX! I live right near that school. I thought there was a change to that tower. I knew it had PD/FD/ARMS stuff on there but never thought about CSP. Now, why Troop G if it's troop I territory?

Manny

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
Nothing on my BCD996t

I have my BCD996T set to control channel only. I have the updated control channel in there but I can't seem to hear anything on it. I have the 3.02.00 firmware in it. Maybe i have to set the band plan. How to do this with proscan. I see where to enter but don't know what to put there

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
I am referring to the 700mhz CSERN system. I have it set to P25 and the band plan does not populate on its own. I am using a BCD996T with the most current firmware so IDK what I missing. CG I sent you a PM so I don't hijack the thread.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
the way i finally made it work was I put the control channel in only and began scanning. then I went back and put in the other frequencies by hand. The TG's I put in with the software and control channel to begin with and it suddenly started working. Not too scientific but it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.