grundig YB400PE AM/FM Short Radiowave power port

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagxkr0

The power port on my grundig YB400PE AM/FM Shortwave, is broke. I opened it up and the plastic that HOLD the power port is in small pieceS.The port worked if I manually hold it and push in a power plug, it just that it won"t hold when I tried to glue it in and try with the back on. I didn't want to try soldering since their really no metal and was afraid I would fry something. Does anybody have any ideas how I can fix this? Radio does not work on battery but will work on Ac.

Boombox

Maybe try a zip tie, to tighten the parts of the power jack to your AC adapter plug. What may be happening is the spring metal thing that connects the shield side of the jack to the plug is weak. I'd try a small zip tie.

Either that, or maybe someone who knows what the inside of the YB400 looks like could tell you how to wire up a new AC adapter power jack.

Also, I'd check the solder joints near the battery. It may be that the solder points weakened over time, which could explain why your radio won't work on batteries. The spring part (usually the negative side of the battery) on some radios is directly soldered to the PCB and it can weaken over time. That's what happened with one of my radios.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.