SB County 700 mhz system

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Was able to pickup the Mountain Simulcast system from Costa Mesa Newport Beach area. Must have very strong transmitters. Heard only talkgroup 83 so far in the clear.

jlanfn

California Database Admin
It was just this past week that they cut over from separate sites at San Sevaine and Strawberry to simulcasting them together. Ah, the joys of simulcast CQPSK modulation. From right here in the San Bernardino Valley area with a full strength signal my scanners don't decode very well.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Well its time for an Motorola XTS5000 radio or an APX6000 or 7000. Scanners only do C4FM not CQPSK. You can set the commercial grade radio to CQPSK and your problem is solved permanently.

jlanfn

California Database Admin
Interesting - so I shouldn't expect my Uniden 396XT to be able to receive this site?

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. Scanners typically have much more difficulty monitoring simulcast CQPSK (LSM in this case) than C4FM. However, a lot depends on your location, the location of the transmitters compared to your location, and other variables. It is possible that your scanners may have no difficulty decoding this system.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't go so far as to say that. Scanners typically have much more difficulty monitoring simulcast CQPSK (LSM in this case) than C4FM. However, a lot depends on your location, the location of the transmitters compared to your location, and other variables. It is possible that your scanners may have no difficulty decoding this system.

I agree. Where you are in relationship to the simulcast transmitters can make all the difference in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.