Baldwin county

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
No. The Sheriff's Dept along with some of the local PDs are encrypted.

bee

Thanks, My brother has a condo at Orange Beach. I may go there next weekend. I have the HomePatrol and a 996t.

garys

Premium Subscriber
As it happens, I'll be visiting my son and his family in Baldwin County next week end. You should be able to hear Orange Beach.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
It is best to have a P25 Phase 2 scanner to hear Baldwin County on the 700 mhz Trunked System . Orange Beach and Gulf Shores are the only ones still using P25 Phase 1 on 700 mhz Trunked System. You can still hear some of the Fire on VHF they simulcast some of them. The database is pretty accurate for Baldwin County.

garys

Premium Subscriber
It is best to have a P25 Phase 2 scanner to hear Baldwin County on the 700 mhz Trunked System . Orange Beach and Gulf Shores are the only ones still using P25 Phase 1 on 700 mhz Trunked System. You can still hear some of the Fire on VHF they simulcast some of them. The database is pretty accurate for Baldwin County.

I'll have my 436HP this visit. Is it Gulf Shores that is encrypted? The last time I had a Phase II scanner, mostly what I heard was Med Star on the system. That and Fairhope which I think is still on their LTR system.

dmmbutts

Yes, Gulf Shores PD is encrypted, while Orange Beach is not. Fairhope is back on LTR and although Daphne is supposed to be going Nexedge (like Foley), as of now they are still on their LTR system for some reason.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Yes, Gulf Shores PD is encrypted, while Orange Beach is not. Fairhope is back on LTR and although Daphne is supposed to be going Nexedge (like Foley), as of now they are still on their LTR system for some reason.

The longer the better as far as Daphne goes. I have to make sure that's programmed into the 436 for the trip.

When I first went to Baldwin a little over two years ago I could could listen to Mobile (City and County), Baldwin County, Fairhope, Daphne and what little DPS traffic there was.

Now the Baldwin Sheriff is encrypted, as is Gulf Shores. Mobile City FD and PD are gone. For a while Fairhope was gone but now it's back. Kind of disheartening.

Speaking of Mobile County, are the County FD and Sheriff still on EDACS analog?

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Fairhope will be P25 phase II in the upcoming months. Orange Beach has begun the migration to phase II as well, but will stay phase I until all of the phase II is online.

dmmbutts

Fairhope will be P25 phase II in the upcoming months. Orange Beach has begun the migration to phase II as well, but will stay phase I until all of the phase II is online.

Hopefully Fairhope will be in the clear, as I feel better knowing I can keep up with stuff in my own hometown. I assume they will be on the county system and not on their own?

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Hopefully Fairhope will be in the clear, as I feel better knowing I can keep up with stuff in my own hometown. I assume they will be on the county system and not on their own?

Yes, they will be on the county P25 system.

dmmbutts

What issues are you having, with the audio, on the 536, on P25 Phase 2?

The audio is strong but somewhat muffled. I have tweaked a few settings and improved it somewhat but there is still room for more improvement. Perhaps a future firmware update from Uniden will help. Interestingly, I was having lunch at a place in Foley the other day and a couple of BCSO deputies has handhelds at their nearby table. The audio in those radios was quite clear.

garys

Premium Subscriber
A couple of observations after listening last night into this morning.

What you hear on the 700 system depends on what towers you can receive. Summersdale seems to come in exclusively on the Robersdale tower. I heard Loxley on a couple of towers, but of course I can't remember which ones. I think one was Spanish Fort.

I heard Baldwin County Fire on both the 700 and VHF systems. I think that's normal.

Fairhope Police use the LTR system, but I only heard the FD on VHF conventional.

Daphne is still on their LTR system, which sounds good. I heard traffic on both sites, I'm guessing that which one is used is based on location.

I heard MedStar a few times on the 700 system.

The Mobile County EDACS is pretty busy, but that shouldn't surprise me. I miss hearing Mobile City, too bad that they moved.

scottybo14

A couple of observations after listening last night into this morning.

What you hear on the 700 system depends on what towers you can receive. Summersdale seems to come in exclusively on the Robersdale tower. I heard Loxley on a couple of towers, but of course I can't remember which ones. I think one was Spanish Fort.

I heard Baldwin County Fire on both the 700 and VHF systems. I think that's normal.

Fairhope Police use the LTR system, but I only heard the FD on VHF conventional.

Daphne is still on their LTR system, which sounds good. I heard traffic on both sites, I'm guessing that which one is used is based on location.

I heard MedStar a few times on the 700 system.

The Mobile County EDACS is pretty busy, but that shouldn't surprise me. I miss hearing Mobile City, too bad that they moved.
City Fire runs their own feed on Broadcastify.

Status
Not open for further replies.