Perrysburg, OH - Perrysburg fire depts. get grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpd845

Feed Provider

jackj

The article reads like Perrysburg will be creating their own system. It mentions that there will be another 'antenna' which I'm guessing means system. It implies that it will be a complete system as it says that it would benefit Northwood, Rossford and Lake Township and I believe those towns are currently using the Lucas Co. system. I wonder if it will be like Fulton County's system and be a stand-alone system that only uses Lucas County's controller?

ctpd845

Feed Provider
The Perrysburg site will be just like Fulton County. It will use the controller from Lucas County, and will allow users from each system to roam to the other. It will benefit all northern Wood County users being the first and only site on that side of the river.

SCPD

QRT
Yes, to my knowledge Everything in Northern Wood Co except Perrysburg City & Township FD & Sheriff is digital (NWORPSS at least).

I believe sheriff is going digital (DMR) with in the next year. Their license is DMR capable and I've heard chatter about "new radios".

ctpd845

Feed Provider
This new site will only affect Perrysburg City and Twp fire and will not affect any other agency in the county not already on the NWOPSRS. It will have some affect to the agencies already on the NWOPSRS for better coverage in the Perrysburg area.

Last I heard there is no plans in the near future to make the sheriff dispatch frequencies DMR. They have had their "new radios" for a while now. They are licensed for DMR and have DMR capable radios because the swat frequency is DMR and so they can monitor BG and BGSU.

iamhere300

I sure hope they are not funding an actual tower with that grant, as towers are not allowable expenses under the AFG grant program. It will be P25, as that is the only digital format now allowed under AFG

ctpd845

Feed Provider
The tower is already in place. They are adding equipment to the tower to make another site in a regional P25 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.