Now picking up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pk3360

Just got a new Bcd996xt. I am using the preprogram Freqs that came with it because where I live its already programed. The issue I am having is while it is scanning the digital channels you can see the signal bars showing 3-4 bars but the scanner is not stopping to let me hear them. I have tested the weather to make sure that it can pick up and it does work with those. Am I doing something wrong?

Tazworld

Just got a new Bcd996xt. I am using the preprogram Freqs that came with it because where I live its already programed. The issue I am having is while it is scanning the digital channels you can see the signal bars showing 3-4 bars but the scanner is not stopping to let me hear them. I have tested the weather to make sure that it can pick up and it does work with those. Am I doing something wrong?

Could be the freqs are outdated that are pre programmed in the scanner. I have seen several posts that there pretty much old and outdated. You could get Freescan an reprogram the scanner. As thats what i had to do here myself. You didnt say what area or state your in there so hard to say. You could also look on the site here an see what fregs are listed for your area an see if the same.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The pre-programming is six or seven years old. Many of those trunked systems have probably rebanded and/or the control channels may have changed. It is better to download and program the newest system information. I'm sure many new talk groups have been added as well.

wtp

the bars

if you are talking about a trunked system then
the bars are showing you that the radio can "hear" the control channel.
it sounds like you live in a quiet area.
it would help if you said what system you are trying to hear.
a quick answer to what you are missing is for you to hit the hold button and if you hear that buzzing sound you are good to go.
also if you look in the live audio section and find your system and listen in it would tell you a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.