• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

GE Orion COS

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I'm curious as to how the COS is suppose to function on the Orion's, specifically a VHF in conventional operation.

Under the External I/O tab in Programmer I have External Mute checked, External Mute Output is 1, and Active High.

While measuring the voltage on Pin 22 of the rear DB37, I get .3v on a receiving signal. While sitting idle it will generally sit at 0.0, sometimes bouncing to .1 briefly.

I'm thinking maybe I have something wrong in the setup???

Tim

DisasterGuy

I normally use active low but can't remember the actual voltage output. I have seen the Orion and M7100 have an odd ext mute issue where it will stick low when using active low immediately following power up and this is solved by hitting the clear button on the control head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doink

External outputs do not source a voltage but sink current. This is typical of most manufacturers. The external output is an open collector output which means when it is an active high a transistor presents a high impedance to ground and, conversely, an active low will present a low impedance to ground. The outputs are not capable of sinking large currents like a bosch relay but are usually on the order of 200 mA or so. Check the manual for exact specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.