SPPD P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngel

Anyone here monitoring the Pinellas P25 site 5 notice SPPD traffic is no longer being broadcast on that site? From monitoring last night, none of the 1400's talkgroups come up during scan,I didn't hear anything being simulcasted on the analog site either like in the past. Previously I was hearing all dispatch talkgroups on Pinellas P25 site 5 for the 1400's range.

Has anyone had any success monitoring site 4 from North county or further north like in Pasco?

kayleesdad

yep, no sppd on site 5 today, just site 4. haven't tried north county. have to use a yagi to pick up p25 hillborough, though.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
The 3 main dispatch TGs popped up on site 2 the other day. Haven't checked if they're still there or not.

kayleesdad

darn, I have to use a yagi antenna to pick up a reading on site 2. looks like the three mains are there.

ngel

SPPD

I can see the dispatch 1401-1404 talkgroups coming up on site 2 for SPPD like reported here by Bolt. Even though i live in north county site 2 comes in horrible, i get full bars on the control channel but My pro-106 wont get a good decode for that site on the voice channels, simulcast distortion maybe?. Question is why would they have SPPD talkgroups on a north county site? Site 2 according to this site is three towers that seem to encompass tarpon , palm harbor etc... whereas site 5 covers the whole county. Weird to say the least. I am now again hearing the P25 SPPD talkgroups simulcasted on the main analog site too. I can not even pull in a signal for site 4. Obviously their still deep into testing this system.

Grillin

SPPD Talkgroups

I have been keeping a watch on the SPPD P25 and today (7/16/2014) they are on Site 4. From the Seminole area near Lake Seminole, I have my yagi pointed NNE and I hit a strong signal. If you are trying to monitor from Pasco, aim west of St Pete Clearwater Int and it should be strong there.

Status
Not open for further replies.