BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Display failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill1957

Hi,
My BCD436HP LCD display seems to be failing from the bottom up-The bottom half of the display has weakened considerably since this morning with lines through the talk group ID part of the display.Has anyone else had this happen?

Boatanchor

Hopefully, this isn't a precursor to another IC-756 type LCD failure.

Good luck with the warranty repair, if required :)

SCPD

QRT

Ive seen another post here someplace and someone else did show the same
lines out LCD issue.(you are scaring me now....)

Bill1957

BCD436 Failing display

Well-sent it to Uniden in Texas for repairs-Will keep you posted! Lets see how good they are!
Bill

kc2kth

Good luck. Keep us posted. Curious if it is a cable or cold solder joint issue or an actual component failure.

Bill1957

BCD436HP Update.

Scanner was gone for 3 weeks-Actually came back a week ahead of prospective return date. They replaced the display and all is well. Customer service was very helpful and the service dept.did a great job.
Bill

gus426

Premium Subscriber
That's really good it's fixed I hope it stays working ok...I decided to return mine and get my money back from Amazon and I bought a Uniden BCD396XT instead and very happy with it..

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
My BCD436HP LCD display seems to be failing from the bottom up-The bottom half of the display has weakened considerably since this morning with lines through the talk group ID part of the display.Has anyone else had this happen?

Just curious, did you ever find out what caused the failure? Intresting, better keep a watch on mine, hoping i don`t hafta return mine for this problem too (fingers crossed :)). N9NRA

bwilborn

Maybe it would be a good idea to keep a running list of serial numbers that have this problem to see if maybe it was just a bad batch.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Good Job Uniden!

Scanner was gone for 3 weeks-Actually came back a week ahead of prospective return date. They replaced the display and all is well. Customer service was very helpful and the service dept.did a great job.
Bill

Glad to hear the repair went exceptionally well, including the time lost without your scanner!

Status
Not open for further replies.