East Lyme

Status
Not open for further replies.

thom

Premium Subscriber
Where has East Lyme gone? They have been silent for at least 2 days. It is strange that even with the fireworks last night and the typical summer weekend stuff, I have heard zip on any of the dispatcher,fire and even public works freqs all weekend. I even checked the Waterford system as they are eventually switching over.
I have been logging their channels with Proscan and there have been no hits all weekend. I checked the FCC website and there are no new freqs listed.

w1haf

They changed pl freqs on the VHF channels. The Fire freq pl is 206.5 and the pd is 218.1. They had been receiving interference using DCS so they went to CTCSS.

w1haf

They should really consider going on the Waterford system. They still have dead spots on the VHF system even using voting receivers.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
The debate rages on whether or not East Lyme will join Wtfd and NL on the system. One of the issues is leaving the CSP dispatch due to the resident trooper, but I don't believe all the towns with a resident trooper are dispatched by CSP .. are they?

East Lyme already has talk groups on Wtfd, but have no radios to use them.

w1haf

The CSP radios they have can do the Waterford System. They just need programming. Shouldn't be a big deal if they own the radios. They probably have some interoperable channels programed.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Interesting, I I was informed their radios were not capable of handling two separate trunking systems. I am not sure why, however that may be incorrect.

FD has VHF only.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I think it would be policies rather than technology that would prevent that.

I believe they want the resident troopers radios on the local troop at all times. The CSP does not have the scan function enabled in the radios. Even if they did, last I knew, you could not use priority scan over two separate systems.

CSP has a bunch of interop channels in their radios however I have never heard a road trooper come up on them with another agency.

chris

garys

Premium Subscriber
They changed pl freqs on the VHF channels. The Fire freq pl is 206.5 and the pd is 218.1. They had been receiving interference using DCS so they went to CTCSS.

Just to confirm, the information in the RRDB about DPL is incorrect?

thom

Premium Subscriber
Yes the RRDB info is incorrect. Wihaf's Fire pl and Police pl are correct. East Lyme changed them a while back.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Yes the RRDB info is incorrect. Wihaf's Fire pl and Police pl are correct. East Lyme changed them a while back.

Thank you, updates made. Of course I don't know when I'll be down there again, although I'll be in Orange next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.