Bellefontaine Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbud42010

Does anybody know if the PD channel has changed along with the switch to conventional channel digital radios or is it the same 155.58 just P25 and with a NAC?

ReubenM

The Bellefontaine Police Department did in fact go to a MOTOTRBO system but is broadcasting on the same frequencies. Is there any way to monitor this traffic? What equipment would be necessary to continue hearing this signal?

I'm with the local newspaper in Bellefontaine and scanner traffic is critical to knowing what news is developing. I'm no radio expert by any means; so any help would be greatly appreciated.

bigbud42010

You would need to run DSD+ on a laptop or PC at work.
You will need a discriminator tap on your scanner to decode the unfiltered audio.
I live in springfield and i listen to EDACS Provoice with the setup i explained!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have updated Logan Co to reflect Bellefontaine PD's switch to DMR.

1. Nobody has reported on color codes in use
2. Nobody has reported what frequency(s) exactly are TRBO
3. License shows all of the ones I updated as being licensed for TRBO

The point of my edit is so that at least people are aware that they've switched to DMR and cannot be monitored. Somebody who listens to traffic in the county is going to have to determine:

a. color code(s) in use
b. frequency(s) in use
c. frequencies that are no longer used [which would really be hard to determine]

For now, at least it shows as DMR.

Keep in mind, if you want to monitor DMR (MotoTRBO in this case), no scanner on the market will pick it up. IF they aren't using encryption, there are ways to pick it up [search the forums for DSDPlus]. If they are using encryption, you might as well forget about monitoring them.

Mike

kd8ouk

bellefontaine pd scanner monitoring mototrbo

hello i just wanted to inform everyone wondering that i in fact can monitor bellefontaine pd here in the city with my scanner with a discriminator tap i does use mototrbo and they still use the same frequency 155.580 without encryption. its not 100% but i can make most of it out.

W8RW

Bellefontaine Police and Fire DMR

The DMR parameters for Bellefontaine are:

Police:
Timeslot = 1
Talkgroup = 30
Colorcode = 5

Fire:
Timeslot = 1
Talkgroup = 50
Colorcode = 10

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The DMR parameters for Bellefontaine are:

Police:
Timeslot = 1
Talkgroup = 30
Colorcode = 5

Fire:
Timeslot = 1
Talkgroup = 50
Colorcode = 10

Would you be so kind as to go to Submit Data to RadioReference and submit the information there, so that we might get the database updated with that information?

Also, the database lists three DMR PD freqs and one DMR Fire freq. If you could submit the frequency, which agency uses it, and the timeslot/talkgroup/color code for all of the Bellefontaine DMR freqs you have info on, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

mike

W8RW

Would you be so kind as to go to Submit Data to RadioReference and submit the information there, so that we might get the database updated with that information?

Also, the database lists three DMR PD freqs and one DMR Fire freq. If you could submit the frequency, which agency uses it, and the timeslot/talkgroup/color code for all of the Bellefontaine DMR freqs you have info on, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

mike

Sure, I am happy to do so

Status
Not open for further replies.