DIA police tell Uber driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw2872

Trending article here...

DIA police (DPD district-9) officers 922 and 931 set up a radar op on EB Pena at Tower and stopped an Uber driver about 12 minutes later for doing 10 mph over the speed limit. Then officer 922 proceeded to “educate" the Uber driver and his passenger on Colorado law by telling them Uber was illegal in this state. The problem is that Colorado specifically passed a law allowing it almost two months ago.

My Uber got pulled over by the Denver police

You can see 931's number on the ticket BUT after listening to the archives of them setting up the radar op and then the traffic stop and then the following conversation of 922 asking 977 to call him because he had a question during the 20 minute long traffic stop, it is pretty clear that 922 was the one in charge. It even sounded like 922 was training 931.

Talk about a scape-goat. Poor guy. When Chief White sent an apology letter to the Uber passenger who wrote the article (and probably sent one to the driver as well), I am sure he or his staff had a little talk with officer 931 who's number was on the ticket. I feel bad for whomever 931 is, and I hope 922 got some of that as well.

Hey, but maybe I have it all backwards since these DIA officers always say their callsign first, followed by the callsign of the unit they are calling, which is the opposite as most departments (and even the rest of DPD) operate.

If anyone wants a copy of that little bit of archived traffic (I have a condensed version of about 2 and a half minutes long), feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

Thayne

Another angle that could be in play is that one of mayor handcock's appointees was hired from a front office job at Metro taxi. I forget what his job is with Denver but it is related to DPD.
I think it is neat that technology has helped break up the old Taxi kingdom.

They are nothing more than a car rental companies that rip off their drivers IMHO

dw2872

And it was strange when I listened to the radio traffic because they arrived just a few minutes before the Uber car passed them and then after that 20 minute traffic stop was over they packed up and left. That was the only traffic stop I heard!

ResQguy

Meh
The app let's you access the service- the closest driver by gps of your phone picks you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.