OHP Sup TGs Now OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

I think it's safe to say that the OHP supervisor talkgroups that have jurisdiction over any state turnpike have been changed over to OTA for use. Heard them here in Tulsa on 34480 for the first time. Glad they are on 800 now. Wonder why they didn't do this years ago? Here is a list so far. I wonder if the Will Rogers and Muskogee are next?

OTA 800
42192 Turner
41936 Kilpatrick
34480 Creek
44912 H.E. Bailey

N5TWB

I agree with your sentiment, Peter. I never caught any traffic on those TGs so it's better they get cycled into being used by OTA. I suspect we'll still hear OTA 101 on the OHP TGs for coordination of support for collisions and re-routes.

peterjmag

Bart,
I think you meant DOT 101 and yes I don't see that changing since ODOT and OTA are their own entities. I started hearing the OTA Creek 34480 this morning. Sounds like they are doing routine maintence somewhere in the Broken Arrow area. I agree with you. I'm glad the old supervisor channels are getting usage for I never heard a thing on them. Enjoy and happy scanning.

N5TWB

Bart,
I think you meant DOT 101 and yes I don't see that changing since ODOT and OTA are their own entities. I started hearing the OTA Creek 34480 this morning. Sounds like they are doing routine maintence somewhere in the Broken Arrow area. I agree with you. I'm glad the old supervisor channels are getting usage for I never heard a thing on them. Enjoy and happy scanning.

Yes, that's what I meant - thanks for the correction.

kibler

Feed Provider
Now hearing OTA Muskogee Turnpike this morning. 42480
Hello,,,My location is just over the Arkansas border from Ft Smith and was wondering if I could near the Talkgroups! Which System, Sites or Frequencies should I try to use? Your help would be appreciated! Thanks

n5bew1

Hello,,,My location is just over the Arkansas border from Ft Smith and was wondering if I could near the Talkgroups! Which System, Sites or Frequencies should I try to use? Your help would be appreciated! Thanks

I don't live near the area but the OKWIN project 25 system in the trunking database has a tower site near Gore, OK. That might be your best shot if you are on high ground with a good beam antenna maybe.

kibler

Feed Provider
I don't live near the area but the OKWIN project 25 system in the trunking database has a tower site near Gore, OK. That might be your best shot if you are on high ground with a good beam antenna maybe.
Hi n5.......I have tried Gore but had no luck at all???..I use my large TV antenna with rotor for direction and believe it or not, it works very well with good range! About the Gore site, maybe I am not programing in the correct system parameters??? Any recommendations would be appreciated

n5bew1

Hi n5.......I have tried Gore but had no luck at all???..I use my large TV antenna with rotor for direction and believe it or not, it works very well with good range! About the Gore site, maybe I am not programing in the correct system parameters??? Any recommendations would be appreciated

Hello from what I understand about the OKWIN P-25 systems is that you need to program the two possible control channels (859.2625 and 860.2625) in as one site or system. It needs to be programmed as a P-25 system not as a Motorola Type II trunked system for it to work correctly. As far as your TV antenna if it works
that is great. Scanner Master sells a scanner beam that looks just like a TV antenna. One main difference
is the antenna elements are oriented vertically as two way systems all use vertical antennas. A TV antenna is horizontally polarized. If you could tilt it vertically it would work better. The Scanner Master beam is a model # SB-2 which I have attached a photo to show vertical elements. Good luck in your scanning

Attachments

• 34-541847-2.jpg
    34-541847-2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 164

kibler

Feed Provider
Hello n5bew1....Thanks very much for the reply and the information! I will give that a go and maybe I'll get lucky??? About that beam, I would love to try that thing (It looks just like my present antenna)! My TV antenna is on a 5' Tripod and I installed it on the highest part of my Ridge on a very steep roof! At my age, I actually had my son climb up there to connect everything! Maybe I can talk him into climbing back up and maybe install a bracket and turn that thing Vertical! HA! Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.